New Aluminium bracket : Anodise or Powder coat?

wipe_out

Visit site
Hi all..
I am in the process of making up a new bracket for the top of the mast to hold the new wind transducer. I am making it from a few aluminium flat bars and a U profile that will be welded together once I have it all cut and shaped.

As per the title what is recommended for corrosion resistance being that its up on of of the mast.. Should I get it anodised or powder coated?

Thanks

lonederanger

sailingtravellingaroundtheworld.blogspot.co.uk
Anodize all day long, cut prep and weld and then find someone with all small bath that can anodise it for you. Your mast is anodised after all! some small powdercoaters often have a small bath that they can anodise small items , it only gets problematic if you need a long length and then you have to go to someone like united anodisers in Uxbridge. Check on what grade of aluminium you intend to use ,some welds better than others and others take to anodising better. Although they generally all anodise but just not as evenly and as it is the top of the mast no ones going to see it!

langstonelayabout

Visit site
See. Anodising is the way forward.

Yes, I used to work for the co. that made the LDV and Land Rover door mirrors that had powder coated alloy mirror bases on them. All the powder coating was falling off after the warranty expired... A long story.