Nelson 34 MkII Wheelhouse knowledge?

Durcott

Visit site
Good evening All - ex raggie here with a question on his first motor boat for a very long time :) I've bought a Nelson 34 Mk II. It was once a bit of a looker, but will require some restoration to make her look sweet again. The boat is up and running again after some use as a houseboat. I want to address signs of rainwater ingress next.

Roughly 20 years ago, the owner at that time took the Ford / Lehman 380s out for rebuilding. This involved taking off the MkII 'extension' to the wheelhouse. Fast forwarding to today, and I can see that this aft section of the wheelhouse is in trouble. The join to the main wheelhouse is failing, and there is quite a bit of soft feeling grp in the area where the sides meet the roof.

I'd like to find out about the construction of this extension. Is it built on some sort of structure, or is it simply a moulded part? How should this aft section be attached to the main structure and sealed? How should I approach taking it off?

Would anyone care to get in touch to help me get to grips with what the options are for this part of the boat?

Does anyone know if drawings still exist for the Mk II Nelson 34?

Regards

Jeff

Greg2

Visit site
Yes I have joined - but they don't seem to have a forum, or a contact for anything other than membership - I might have missed something.
Ah, didn’t appreciate that. I assumed they would have a means of sharing information.