Need help finding info on boat ( Jupiter 40, sea ranch / ark angel )

Jimmann

Visit site
Hi

I'm currently restoring a motor cruiser in Cornwall UK, it's a Danish Jupiter 40 called Ark Angel but it was previously called Sea Ranch. I'm trying to find any type of info on it I can. It was left for 10-15 years in the treluggan boatyard PL12 and I'm finding it very difficult to find any type of info on it as it came with no papers whatsoever.

Searching online is proving fruitless, I thought there would be some kind of register to search but there's nothing.

I found an old advert for it where it stated the tax was paid but that was under the previous name.

If anyone has some info to enlighment me on how to proceed, I would be very grateful.

Klaus Baess 42 Flybridge For Sale, 12.80m,

Jupiter 40 Sold (891)

Kind regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_195419.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_195419.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 15

Jimmann

Visit site
Not many of those around .... Looks like it needed a bit TLC a couple of years back ..

Yes it was in a bad state, I've had rebuild 70% of it.

Everything above the walkway was wooden construction with fibreglass skins stuck to it. I've completely rebuilt it and fibreglassed and gelcoated.

Divemaster1

Visit site
Sounds a little bit like a hull with superstructure re-built as most of the Jupiter 40's registered in the Jupiter club in Denmark are of the more traditional Jupiter superstructure lines
Bluepeter_red2.JPG
... You may find more info on their site ... or to raise some questions.as Lady Marie is recorded as being in England, but with no further info...... Jupiter register

Jimmann

Visit site
Sounds a little bit like a hull with superstructure re-built as most of the Jupiter 40's registered in the Jupiter club in Denmark are of the more traditional Jupiter superstructure lines
Bluepeter_red2.JPG
... You may find more info on their site ... or to raise some questions.as Lady Marie is recorded as being in England, but with no further info...... Jupiter register

Lady Marie was my thought also but as you say there's no further info.

I was told it was originally commissioned as a government customs boat and I've seen signs of many changes made throughout the years.

Im nearly finished now, should be ready to launch early summer.

Just hoping a previous owner will see this post and have an old picture or something for me.

Thanks

Last edited: