NEC! Anyone Going!?

The Binman

www.vfmassociates.com
Read all the stuff about the LIBS and SIBS. Is it just me or are you all ignoring the Birmingham show?

I have been most years and found it to meet my expectations as regards shows. Its a bit more in line with my boating (financial) aspirations as well, covering as it does all things watery and outdoorsy. I like mobos, and sailing (big and little boats) and kayaking and caravanning if it comes to it!

I am intending on going, with the squids. A family ticket is within my budget It is a good day out for us North Welsh lot. Am I alone in thiis thinking?

zt260

www.ashmouldings.co.uk
Went today and it is very dissapointing from a boaty point of view,i have been about 4 times now and there is no showing from any of the major players in the motor cruiser catergory,i think the rodman 30 is the biggest boat apart from a broads cruiser,only a couple of narrow boats a few ribs and a few sports boats,they are only using about half of hall 1 and then the exhibitors are spread out,no chandlery stalls as such i saw 1 rope stall,a couple of clothing stalls,to be honest you get get round it in 30mins,viking have a couple of boats and so do shetland, i feel sorry for the people who have stand there for the next 6 days,
A sign of the times unfortunately

ashley

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Read all the stuff about the LIBS and SIBS. Is it just me or are you all ignoring the Birmingham show?

I have been most years and found it to meet my expectations as regards shows. Its a bit more in line with my boating (financial) aspirations as well, covering as it does all things watery and outdoorsy. I like mobos, and sailing (big and little boats) and kayaking and caravanning if it comes to it!

I am intending on going, with the squids. A family ticket is within my budget It is a good day out for us North Welsh lot. Am I alone in thiis thinking?

Not at £15.50 at ticket. Last year was showing first signs of the decline of the boating element.

nimbusgb

www.umfundi.com
Not really a boat show at all small runabouts and afew narrow boats. Hundreds of £50k and up motorhomes. Apart from a few younger eye candy types on a few stands the average age today looked to be about 65.

I had to be there for work so at least I get an exhibitors pass!