Near Waterloo

Euphonyx

Visit site
Looking for recommendations for good pub and or restaurant around Waterloo station. Meeting with a group of old friends for a catch up over night in London and would like to find somewhere that does good English food

laika

Visit site
For meeting a group of people I’m quite fond of the rose and crown on Colombo street: it has a big outside area and a fairly big upstairs room. The good beer guide says it does food but I’ve never eaten there (and don’t remember seeing any eating going on)

If by “Good English Food” you mean pub grub, the doggetts coat and badge on the south side of Blackfriars bridge has a standard fullers pub menu, a fair bit of space and river views. There’s a couple of new pubs on Stamford street which have opened since I lived in the area which may be worth checking out.

ashtead

Visit site
I would venture down to Borough market if London Bridge isn’t too far a cab ride -plenty of eateries there to tempt the jaded palate . If you go past Blackfriars bridge then some better places on the riverbank south side heading east with tables facing river. Up by festival hall also some eateries or for more dosh the restaurant in festival hall itself is quite good. Trip adviser is your friend maybe as choice really depends on budget. When meeting old work colleagues we go to Fish in borough market sometimes.

Euphonyx

Visit site
I would venture down to Borough market if London Bridge isn’t too far a cab ride -plenty of eateries there to tempt the jaded palate . If you go past Blackfriars bridge then some better places on the riverbank south side heading east with tables facing river. Up by festival hall also some eateries or for more dosh the restaurant in festival hall itself is quite good. Trip adviser is your friend maybe as choice really depends on budget. When meeting old work colleagues we go to Fish in borough market sometimes.
Is that Skylon? I've eaten there and had to stop for a hamburger on the way home!!

ashtead

Visit site
Yes Skylon -I’ve only been a few times though but always found it fine. Oxo tower used to be dreadful though hence I didn’t mention but there are some better/cheaper eateries just past it as you walk along the embankment towards Blackfriars bridge . I have been to these when walking back to Waterloo station but they are not really destination eateries.