Nauticat Yachts in difficulty

Paddy Fields

Visit site
Slight (but not totally unrelated) tangent: if I won the lottery, and wanted to spec and buy a brand new shiny 42' blue water boat, what would be my options these days, as yet another boat builder bites the dust?

pvb

Visit site
Slight (but not totally unrelated) tangent: if I won the lottery, and wanted to spec and buy a brand new shiny 42' blue water boat, what would be my options these days, as yet another boat builder bites the dust?

I don't think Nauticat was ever considered as a "blue water boat". But there are loads and loads of options, even today.

johnalison

Visit site
I don't think Nauticat was ever considered as a "blue water boat". But there are loads and loads of options, even today.
It wouldn't be my choice but I met a chap who'd sailed from our East Coast to Greenland and back single-handed in an old Nauticat 33. On second thoughts, I don't suppose that much of the water was blue, but the yacht seemed to stand the course. I would have thought that it rolled quite a bit.

JumbleDuck

Visit site

Lots of Nauticats on the West Coast of Scotland, almost all sailed by elderly couples. When I'm old enough I want one.