Nanni - service interval query

Loggo

Visit site
We have recently upgraded to a boat with a Nanni 4.22 inboard diesel engine (circa 2,2 L I believe).
Reading the manual that came with the boat it seems to suggest that,as part of the normal maintenance regieme, the oil is change every 20 hours and the tappets adjusted at the same time.
Whilst I could comprehend this for the first service on a new engine that is simply not what the manual says. Please reassure me that I am not going off my head and that a seasonal change of lube will do the job. :confused:

Baddox

Visit site
The manual for the Nanni engine I have mentions a service after its first 20 hours of running then every 100 hours or 1 year after that. An oil change every 20 hours does seem excessive.

Loggo

Visit site
Spot on Baddox. Re-reading the chart it marks 20 and 200 hours for an oil change/Tappet adj. No comment about this being for the FIRST 20 hours and not every 20 hours but I am sure this is so.
(Wonder if Halfords will take back all that oil I bought ???)

sailorman

Visit site
We have recently upgraded to a boat with a Nanni 4.22 inboard diesel engine (circa 2,2 L I believe).
Reading the manual that came with the boat it seems to suggest that,as part of the normal maintenance regieme, the oil is change every 20 hours and the tappets adjusted at the same time.
Whilst I could comprehend this for the first service on a new engine that is simply not what the manual says. Please reassure me that I am not going off my head and that a seasonal change of lube will do the job. :confused:

i cant believe its oil & tappets @ 20 hrs after running-in
200 more like for oil
20 hrs would be first service