my outbord does not seam to be cooling

ianmacaulay

Visit site
hi i have a suzuki 65 dt but it is not "peeing" i do have gauges on the dash which display 2 stroke oil level and also a temp light rev limit light and a couple of others but i have never seen any of them light up so does this mean it all ok and not getting hot just not peeing because its blocked or its not pumping water and the lights are not working.
its 1994 engine and when i put the key in the ignition should all the lights light up like a car dash

thanks ian

michaelh

Visit site
You sure it was air? More likely to be steam. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I would suggest not running it again before checking the impellor. If that seems OK then find our where the tell tale is blocked and clear that out.

The temperature warning light may well not work properly if the engine is bone dry.

ianmacaulay

Visit site
wel probably was, it was just hot air i suppose i will have to get the shop i bought it from to take a look at it for me also how do i chect to see how the warning lights work

thanks ian

ianmacaulay

Visit site
i did here two bleeps when out on it the other day but aint got a clue what they were they came from engine direction

thanks ian

jointventureII

Visit site
Have you been anywhere very sandy (fishing over a shallow sandbank etc)? We had the same problem last summer. I really started to sh*t myself when i realised no water was coming out, as no cooling means a written off engine in a short time, but turns out sand particles were blocking the exit tube.

ianmacaulay

Visit site
yea been of leigh on sea (southend) and was close to sand banks quite a bit, i have been playing in the garage and have got it pumping, i put it in a dustbin and run it. at first no water, so i put the hose over the tell tale and pushed water up it which got it pumping slowly, then i reved it quite hard witch shot water out at some great speed along with some sludge so problem seems to be cured so thanks all for the help

thanks ian

Kawasaki

Visit site
Another one! (not peeing I mean?)
I had one of those. A bit earlier model
As well as your oil level gauge there is a bleeper to tell You if the oil is low.
It will only go off when the level is quite low though.
Marvelous motor.
The waterways have to be clear.
Nothing lit up on mine.
But a couple of beeps just before start up tells you She,s checked every thing and will let you fire up.
If She beeps after start up something is wrong.