Mozzies up the Guardiana

DownWest

Visit site
Wondered if some of the semi résidents up near Alcoutim can help. Friend is planning on rowing down the river in early summer and asked me if mosquitoes are a problem. Not been up there myself for a few years, but don't remember it being so.
Only thought, that since he starting up by Mertola, it might be worse, as the river is slower?
Thanks
DW

Ludd

Visit site
Wondered if some of the semi résidents up near Alcoutim can help. Friend is planning on rowing down the river in early summer and asked me if mosquitoes are a problem. Not been up there myself for a few years, but don't remember it being so.
Only thought, that since he starting up by Mertola, it might be worse, as the river is slower?
Thanks
DW

No worse than anywhere else. The river actually flows faster at Mertola, being much narrower, albeit shallower.
Great way to see the river and the wildlife--- tell him a sidetrip up the Vascao tributary is well worthwhile. Golden Orioles,several different kinds of kingfishers, herons, and of course, the turtles.

DownWest

Visit site
No worse than anywhere else. The river actually flows faster at Mertola, being much narrower, albeit shallower.
Great way to see the river and the wildlife--- tell him a sidetrip up the Vascao tributary is well worthwhile. Golden Orioles,several different kinds of kingfishers, herons, and of course, the turtles.
Thanks for that Senhor. Ludd, esp the bit about the Vascão trib.
Another friend used to have a big patch just south of Alcoutim and the wildlife was enchanting, esp the Oriols. Also had a Phoenician well on the property.

Last edited:

Heckler

Visit site
Canaries eh! when did you go?
Stu and Lau