Mosquito Plug 12V

rodsuter

Does anyone know where a 12V "Mosquito Plug" can be sourced ? The mossies and midges in Greece are eating us alive!

When on 220V shore power, we successfully use a standard 220V Mosquito Plug that can be purchased in any supermarket (the type that heats a small blue disposable pad for the night). With no shore power, we lather ourselves with repellant creams and cower under the sheets.

Cannot find a source online, no matter what I use as a search term.

rodsuter

Thanks pvb, looks good - I must obviously increase my level of aggression - I was only searching around "mosquito repellant " :)

typhoonNige

We have a couple of battery powered repellant devices. Thankfully there haven't been too many mozzies out here yet so we haven't used them. They emit an annoying high pitched whine that even my rock n' roll ravaged ears can pick up but I've no idea if they repel the little bloodsuckers. Anyone else tried them?
We have mozzie screens in every hatch and portlight from just before dusk to just after dawn as a matter of routine.

Iliade

Shoreham - up the river without a paddle.
In India we put the little tablets from older style electric repellers on top of hot light bulbs...

One can get aromatherapy oil diffusers that are a dished block of some porous stone/ceramic above a candle. One could then pour in the repellant from a normal electric repeller's refill. Silent and no battery load. Cheaper to run than a battery operated one unless you used solar panels to recharge the batteries.