mooring near Rome

daleboutm

Visit site
I Know don't go to Italy in July or August but I will give it a try. Is there a reasonable (!) priced marina in the near of the airport Da Vinci Fiumicino (Rome) in this period? It is for about one week. And now, when I am asking the impossible are there possibilities to stay on the hard in the winter period in the same place. Don’t be shy to answer it is not you who makes the prices in Bella Italy.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
This is 2013 info so the prices may have gone up .
If you go into Fiumicino Canal and under the bridges you will fine three yards , one was charging 15 euro a night , Aug 2013 the bridges don't open one day a week , you need to check what day . If it happens to be the day you arrive , before the bridge is the old fishing harbour which house two mini Marina the one on the left give, us two night with power water and shower for 50 euro , water wasn't that great by the way . People we know went there in 2014 and they said the prices was the same

charles_reed

Visit site
This is 2013 info so the prices may have gone up .
If you go into Fiumicino Canal and under the bridges you will fine three yards , one was charging 15 euro a night , Aug 2013 the bridges don't open one day a week , you need to check what day . If it happens to be the day you arrive , before the bridge is the old fishing harbour which house two mini Marina the one on the left give, us two night with power water and shower for 50 euro , water wasn't that great by the way . People we know went there in 2014 and they said the prices was the same

I presume Vic "the old fishing harbour" to which you refer is the Darsena Traiana. The W end of that is occupied by the workboats serving the airport. The middle is the local yacht club and woe betide any one who attempts to take a berth there.
However on the E side there is the "Cooperative". Very shallow at the top end, but if they have room they'll let you berth.
The footbridge opens at least x2 daily and many boats "squat" on the canal bank between that and the road bridge, which opens irregularly. There are two yards above the road bridge and one just below on the starboard side. This is really a sail-loft with a few boats in cradles in their yard.
then there's the big Ostia marina di Roma, in the main Tiber.

PS The 80 odd big trawlers, operating out of Fiumicino use the canal banks - you can have 6knots running out on occasion.

Tricia

Visit site
There was one just after the road bridge on the left, but I think it closed. A little further but on the right is 3FL, which is a sail loft and boat yard. Still after the road bridge there are at least 3 more Cantiere Nautico Albula, Gesti and Girasole. Contact for Albula is Tel: +039 335-605-3197 cnalbulasrl@hotmail.com, Max is the manager and speaks great English. He is gorgeous too <3. If they don't have room they can help you find somewhere that does.

I loved Fiumicino and there is easy access to Rome.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
O
There was one just after the road bridge on the left, but I think it closed. A little further but on the right is 3FL, which is a sail loft and boat yard. Still after the road bridge there are at least 3 more Cantiere Nautico Albula, Gesti and Girasole. Contact for Albula is Tel: +039 335-605-3197 cnalbulasrl@hotmail.com, Max is the manager and speaks great English. He is gorgeous too <3. If they don't have room they can help you find somewhere that does.

I loved Fiumicino and there is easy access to Rome.
Yes Max is very help ful and has I said when we was there it was 15 euro a night , a bus then train ride and your in Rome .

daleboutm

Visit site
Thanks for all the useful information so far. But I have three questions left. There is an other entrance and a river south of the one with the canal bridge the one with the island in the middle before the bridge. On the banks there are a lot of sailing boats moored alongside the river bank. Would it be possibilities to find a mooring alongside one of this banks for a few days? I know that the current is not a constant but is it possible to give an overall impression on both rivers?
Navionics gives a warning for he entrance of the northerly mouth of the river not to enter if the wind force is higher than BF 3 in de the direction SW to NW. Any experience available?

Mrnotming

Visit site
I Know don't go to Italy in July or August but I will give it a try. Is there a reasonable (!) priced marina in the near of the airport Da Vinci Fiumicino (Rome) in this period? It is for about one week. And now, when I am asking the impossible are there possibilities to stay on the hard in the winter period in the same place. Don’t be shy to answer it is not you who makes the prices in Bella Italy.

Hi daleaboutm,
I was at Constellation Nautica upstream of the second bridge for a couple of years.No stopping between the bridges is allowed.
Advantages: Nice people, nothing nicked, good supermarket nearby, swell does not get past the lifting bridge(important).Costs were reasonable say 10 years ago.Nearest moorings to LDV nearby airport.Was a free bus between Fiumicino, but I think it is finished.Was because the railway was diverted to the Airport.
Disadvantages: The bridge has been known to fail, leaving one on the wrong side.repairs can be prolonged.
As mentioned about the other channel (Tevere?), approach in F6 and above, depending on duration, is ill advised.Same for Fiumicino.
If the weather is bad, all the trawlers will be in the stretch between the Lifting Bridge and the footbridge, jumping about with lots of fenders.
Darsena Triano port side entering, can have filthy sea water, depending on conditions.Also things bounce in there in some wind directions.
There are good inexpensive eateries,and a more expensive seafood restaurant.
It is better as an overwintering place, rather than day cruising.

Mrnotming

Visit site

Hi again Daleaboutm,
Some old info here form a previous thread:
http://www.ybw.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-34308.html

and:

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?182904-Italy

Last edited: