Moody Water Tanks

G

I have recently bought a Moody 41 (circa 1985) with two water tanks under the seats on either side of the saloon. Does anyone know the capacity? Also, I seem to be refilling quickly and doubt both tanks are filling. Any thoughts on what might have gone wrong?

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Sorry if this is 'sucking eggs', but on boats with multiple tanks there are usually one or more valves which control which tanks are being emptied. They also work in reverse, and will prevent tanks being filled if wrongly switched.

No idea if this is the case with your Moody, but I'd be very surprised if there weren't some selection valves plumbed into the system somewhere.

janetp

Visit site
After checking that the connecting valve between the two tanks is open, from experience with our similar set up on a Westerly - after first tank is full it clangs and water & air bubbles slop out of filler hole - the trick is to then reduce flow to a slow trickle and wait until the 2nd tank clangs!!

G

airlock

You will be suffering from an air lock. Fill till it comes out of the filler, leave for 10 or so mins and continue filling, should then be OK

Pete

G

I have a Moody 37 with similar setup. The other problem I used to have was poor tap pressure, probaly due to air in tehsytem somewhere. What helped me was to open every single tap when filling the tanks (with pump off) which I think enables the tanks to fill more quickly and without air locks. Anyway its worked fine since I adopted this approach.