modern navigation techniques?

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: modern naigation techniques?

It told me I couldn't have it, not available in the uk version or some such bull!

tcm

Visit site
Re: try again

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://ybw.yachtworld.com/listing/uk/yw_listing_full_detail.jsp?url=&boat_id=1011643&units=Feet&currency=GBP&access=Public&listing_id=58389&ybw=true>http://ybw.yachtworld.com/listing/uk/yw_listing_full_detail.jsp?url=&boat_id=1011643&units=Feet&currency=GBP&access=Public&listing_id=58389&ybw=true</A>

captions on the photos...

ccscott49

Visit site

Now I got it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I do most of my navigatin' with a bottle in my hands aswell! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

JeremyF

Visit site

There's nothing new here. Most navigation is best done with a bottle and couple of glasses. Put whiskey in one glass. Pop the otherglass onto the compass rose, shine a light from above, and the cut glass will radiate light out every 10 degrees. No need for bretons etc.

<font color=blue>Jeremy Flynn/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Dawn Chorus</font color=blue>

zefender

Visit site
Upholstery looks like its been made from a fat Texan's jacket!

Maybe, being Swedish, they mistook the meaning of sextant, and put in the two beds instead.

And what's that non-matching wood in the galley?

tcm

Visit site
Re: interest in Swans

ah. I think it's the limit for family sailing (no crew) for all sorts of reasons. Below this 60/70 foot size, engineering, galleys and so on become compromised by space constraints, and costs. Above this size there's little point for a small crew - there's simply more of the same thing eg 5 double cabins and so on, and loads more hoovering and cleaning. More prosaically, I'm limited by beam to 6m incl fenders.

This'll blimmin teach me won't it! I'm getting a right grilling....