mixing small amounts of copper coat?

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
I'v just about to do a small repair job on the coppercoat on my boat.

I've got some part used resin A and B and some powered copper (all supplied a while back from coppercoat)

Can any one remind me of the proportions of each I should use? I seem to remember it's equal part by volume of A and B, but I can't remember how much copper powder I should add.

I found an old post which suggest equal parts by volume of all three components .... is that right?

And

Has anyone got bright ideas on how to minimise waste? I think I'll probably waste as much on the mini roller as I'll use.

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
to ressurrect an old thread. i need to re-apply some coppercoat to my P-bracket and rudden, total about 1ft by 1ft max. I have 3 packs of copper powder left and have ordered more resin from coppercoat. how much powder do i need. i dont understand the .9 part

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
to ressurrect an old thread. i need to re-apply some coppercoat to my P-bracket and rudden, total about 1ft by 1ft max. I have 3 packs of copper powder left and have ordered more resin from coppercoat. how much powder do i need. i dont understand the .9 part
For every 100cc of resin A you add 100cc of resin B and 90cc of copper powder. MIX VERY WELL!

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I warn you now that Coppercoat is most unlikely to adhere to a bronze P-bracket without a primer. I tried it years ago: it lasted less than one season.

It may be difficult to find an appropriate etch primer. I have had great results with Hammerite Special Metals but it is normally not possible to put epoxy on top of alkyd paints. I am not sure if the Hammerite stuff falls into this category but I would try automotive cellulose etch primer which might have more chance.

Elessar

Visit site
I'v just about to do a small repair job on the coppercoat on my boat.

I've got some part used resin A and B and some powered copper (all supplied a while back from coppercoat)

Can any one remind me of the proportions of each I should use? I seem to remember it's equal part by volume of A and B, but I can't remember how much copper powder I should add.

I found an old post which suggest equal parts by volume of all three components .... is that right?

And

Has anyone got bright ideas on how to minimise waste? I think I'll probably waste as much on the mini roller as I'll use.

3 clear plastic cups and make them all look the same.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Mixing ratio is 2kg copper to 1ll ( half harder,half epoxy) you can break it down from there .
We normally just mix up small amount if we doing say pads or a keel .

Elessar

Visit site
Equal by volume (viewing it in 3 cups) is close enough.
Mix the white on its own first. (Before pouring it out of the pot into the cups)
Mix the amber into the white.
Then mix the copper in.