Missing exhaust cap for eberspacher

Amp1ng

Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a new vessel and found that the eberspacher exhaust outlet skin fitting cap is missing. The exhaust outlet is located beneath the gunnel on the porthand side just forward of the cockpit, the skin fitting itself has a threaded recess and according to the previous owner a cap was screwed in to prevent the ingress of water whilst underway.

I have looked through the eberspacher parts manual supplied with the boat but I can't find any part illustrated that would perform this function nor could I find any matching part number. I have googled a couple of parts suppliers but they don't seem to recognise what I'm on about and I'm beginning to wonder if this was part of the skin fitting design and nothing to do with eberspacher themselves.

Can anyone shed any light on where I might be able to get hold of a cap or suggest an alternative arrangement if these parts cannot be procured.

Thanks

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Take a plasticene impression of the thread & measure the ID of the outlet. Then go to a plumber's merchant, you may just find that a brass stop end will suit. Keep a dob of grease on the plug thread to reduce reaction between the different metals & remember that the heat of the exhaust will melt any grease left in the threads.

Amp1ng

Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, particularly regarding taking a print of the thread form, great idea. Thanks