Minor scrapes in AWB interior varnish

jac

Visit site
I have a 1998 vintage Beneteau. Whilst she still looks great internally and externally, there a couple of areas where the interior varnish has been scraped - for example when lifting the cabin sole to get to the log impellor.

As it's only 2 or 3 areas of no more than 1cm by 5 or 6cm It doesn't warrant a full re varnish and with spot touch ups there is the risk that the touch up stands out against the untouched up wood and i'm back to where I started.

So any suggestions on ways to hide / reduce the scrapes without the risk of the "repair" sticking out more than the original state!

Vanilla

Visit site
You might like to try those furniture wood restorer wax filler sticks...for want of a better word! Though their success will depend on how deep any scratches etc are. Hallberg Rassy parts dept. stock them but I'm sure you can find them much cheaper via a google search.

Heckler

Visit site
the
I have a 1998 vintage Beneteau. Whilst she still looks great internally and externally, there a couple of areas where the interior varnish has been scraped - for example when lifting the cabin sole to get to the log impellor.

As it's only 2 or 3 areas of no more than 1cm by 5 or 6cm It doesn't warrant a full re varnish and with spot touch ups there is the risk that the touch up stands out against the untouched up wood and i'm back to where I started.

So any suggestions on ways to hide / reduce the scrapes without the risk of the "repair" sticking out more than the original state!

My wonderful swmbo used Topps scratch remover, sadly no longer available in the Uk! However over here in Portugal there are all manner of such lotions in the supermarkets. She also used the wax crayons, marketed for filling deep scratches.
S

pvb

Visit site
I used to keep a bottle of Topps Scratch Cover liquid on my HR, and it was great for concealing odd scratches and marks. I believe it's still available in the UK under the "Mr Sheen" brand, but there are loads of similar products.