Miniature Tug or Pilot Boat

G

I got a bug to buy (or hire someone to build) a tiny tug or pilot boat for my 6-year old daughter. Something that could putter about our neighboring creek (5-15' deep), could be powered by a 2-5HP outboard, and be worth holding onto for her kids.

I vaguely recall just such a plan in Wooden Boat some years back, but can't find it at their site; finding it in my old magazines is a lost cause.

Does anyone have any experience, suggestions, links or leads on just such a thing?

All best,

Jay H

G

Hi,

If you consider to give a kid a boat I would give them a kind of rubberboat (zodiac ....). Much safer, much more stable and a lot easier to handle and to store away in winter. To be honest, I would never give a 6 year old a boat powered by an engine simply because its to dangerous for kids to handle (seen allready 3 accidents involving kids and rotating props). If your planning to go with them every time then no harm is done.

Have a lot of fun; Steve

G

I think you are looking for "Tubby Tug".

http://www.glen-l.com

Online Catalogue > Special Purpose > Tubby Tug

I want one myself, I think they look great, and there is room for an adult to get aboard with the child.