Member article in this Month's Motorboat & Yachting

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Just read the @jfm article covering delivery and first use of his SL96A.

A good read and an insight into a world few of us will ever experience. I did chuckle to myself when Mr W talked about taking a trip to the Tuscan marble factories in order to select suitable stone for his bathrooms. I thought we were posh going to Porcelanosa in Watford :)

Well done.

Henry

stelican

Visit site
Just read the @jfm article covering delivery and first use of his SL96A.

A good read and an insight into a world few of us will ever experience. I did chuckle to myself when Mr W talked about taking a trip to the Tuscan marble factories in order to select suitable stone for his bathrooms. I thought we were posh going to Porcelanosa in Watford :)

Well done.

Henry
Phew !
Even that's posh, We use Decor Tiles Watford

jfm

Visit site
Thanks Henry.
Wow you get the magazine early. Special VIP motorbike delivery by Future Publishing or something? I don't have my copy yet.
I look forward to reading it, and there should be some half-decent pictures I hope.
See you in Cannes I hope (?)

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Thanks Henry.
Wow you get the magazine early. Special VIP motorbike delivery by Future Publishing or something? I don't have my copy yet.
I look forward to reading it, and there should be some half-decent pictures I hope.
See you in Cannes I hope (?)
The Solent is a lot closer to the printers than the South of France 😂

I don’t think we will be in Cannes this year. I’ve got a few charters, a daughter going out to Singapore as part of her graduate programme and a few other bits. Southampton is also on hand to give me a quick boat show fix as well.

Yes, there are some very well taken photos in there.

Hurricane

Visit site
I was reading the issue yesterday and came across the article.
Headed "The 100 Club", I thought that is was an article - something like JFM's boat.
Then, after a second look. Wow it WAS JFM's boat.
I wasn't expecting those images either - some must have been "hot of the press".
Not read it all yet - SWMBO is currently reading it.

MapisM

Visit site
SWMBO is currently reading it.
You must be seriously worried, I guess? :ROFLMAO:

PS: I'm saying this after experiencing the reaction of mine, while we were onboard the real thing recently.
For some reason, explaining her how much less fuel our boat burns wasn't enough to cut the mustard... :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vas

vas

Visit site
why, I think J mentioned somewhere that it is 10l/nm at 10-11knots, that's not bad for dunno how many zillion kilos of a palace!
Just imagine shifting all these tons of marble around :)