Medical for YM (comm)

charles_reed

Visit site
Not unless..

He doesn't have to sign anything, or fill out a form

..or he's a friend.

I can't understand why there's any query - you have to have a medical for virtually every other professional certificate - and if they take their cue from the CAA you'll have to have an annual one when you're over 55.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gordonmc

Visit site
I have to have a medical each year for diving. I made the mistake of going to my G.P. the first time... he charged £35 for a very cursory look and a few questions.
Every year since then I have used a village doc in Malta. No need for an appointment, just turn up at the pharmacy during the twice daily surgeries. Wait on average 20 minutes then get a far more thorough examination than in UK and then get the PADI form signed.
Pay at the pharmacy counter - the equivalent of £5 UK.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
What\'s covered

Is it just the usual "sound in wind and limb" job, or do they get more nautical. You know...

Strong right drinking arm
Eyesight capable of distinguishing pot bobber from mooring buoy
Able to go without sleep for long periods
Able to sleep with ear pressed to diesel engine roaring at 2500 rpm
Wakes at first hint of anchor cable dragging
Sufficient delusions of grandeur to be a skipper under God
Can multitask well - steering with one foot, operating throttle with other, tying bowline with left hand, holding Cuppasoup in right, whilst keeping boat on transit of third bog window from left in line with red dahlias in vicarage garden, and instructing crew in finer points of a running moor.
Paranoid (essential)
Remains calm under pressure while blowing top when a reef knot is dicovered to be a granny.
Stomach strong enough to clear a blocked head in wind-over-tide overfalls
Can function for long periods on diet of Cuppasoup and Mars Bars
Memory good enough to remember all possible combinations of lights and shapes (or at least not forget where the Seaman's Guide to the Rules of the Road is stowed).
Teeth/jaw combination capable of holding main halyard while the spinnaker pole topping lift is put back on the right cleat.
Night vision can spot a stray can of Guinness in the anchor locker without use of a torch

Get that lot for 100 beer vouchers and you've no cause to complain.

<hr width=100% size=1>