Meaco DD8L Junior dehumidifier heater fan motor

Sheff

Visit site
I have managed to trace the fault on my dehumidifier to the heater fan motor which is badged as - YJ48/100E 230VAC 50Hz. I can find YJ48 motors on EBay and Amazon but the shaft profile is proving to be a problem. Most are just a round profile but the one I require is 27mm long with a D profile of the last 18mm and the last 7mm of the D profile is reverse threaded.

Has anyone ever managed to source this type of motor with the correct shaft profile?

captainboo

Visit site
Looking at a picture of the motor from ebay could you not buy the replacement motor (assuming it has failed due to the stator windings) disassemble and change the rotor for yours?

Sheff

Visit site
Looking at a picture of the motor from ebay could you not buy the replacement motor (assuming it has failed due to the stator windings) disassemble and change the rotor for yours?
Not being knowledgeable about electric motors that possibility had not occurred to me. If one YJ48 motor is dimensionally similar to another that should be possible. Thanks very much for that suggestion.