MDL Ocean Village superb job

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Having visited Ocean Village for yesterdays charity cycle ride I have to compliment MDL and the staff at Ocean Village for the truly superb job they did.

Drinks and a BBQ as we waited for the riders to arrive, berth was ready as promised when I called up on the radio. Lots of help from various staff throughout the event and a surprise visit from the Ocean Village goodie cart as we sat drinking coffee on the back deck Sunday morning.

They offered a reduced price mooring fee for forum members attending which was donated to the charity so we chose to pay a more realistic amount.

We are very quick to tear a strip off marinas on here. Credit where credit is due.

What was also interesting was that they didn't try to dominate the event, it was Gary's baby and they respected that.

Thank you all.

Must have eaten a rouge cupcake because a felt a little fragile this morning :)

Final shout to all the boys and girls who donned funny shoes and completed the ride.

Henry :)

rafiki_

Visit site
N
Having visited Ocean Village for yesterdays charity cycle ride I have to compliment MDL and the staff at Ocean Village for the truly superb job they did.

Drinks and a BBQ as we waited for the riders to arrive, berth was ready as promised when I called up on the radio. Lots of help from various staff throughout the event and a surprise visit from the Ocean Village goodie cart as we sat drinking coffee on the back deck Sunday morning.

They offered a reduced price mooring fee for forum members attending which was donated to the charity so we chose to pay a more realistic amount.

We are very quick to tear a strip off marinas on here. Credit where credit is due.

What was also interesting was that they didn't try to dominate the event, it was Gary's baby and they respected that.

Thank you all.

Must have eaten a rouge cupcake because a felt a little fragile this morning :)

Final shout to all the boys and girls who donned funny shoes and completed the ride.

Henry :)

Can only echo this. MDL were superb yesterday, both at Penton Hook and OV. Can't comment on the mooring, although Henry's Prinny looked very much at home.
As an OFIL (old fart in Lycra), a huge thank you to all your forumites who turned out to cheer us home, and for all the incredible donations :D

matm

Visit site
Guys,

As discussed on Sat night, I can only echo this. I've been a Premier berth holder for 6+ years and never seen a cupcake! In all seriousness, I plan to write to the manager at OV and say a simple "thanks" for the welcome, BBQ, drinks etc etc.

I don't know all the people involved but they felt like one of group, not one of the "staff" / officiating - basically like going to someone's back yard for a barbie.

A true credit to their company and the charity cause.

Well done MDL.

M

Jurgen

Visit site
A real family feel to the event, as mentioned above it was like being at a friends house for a barbie.

Henry I think I also had a dodgy cup cake, Alison had to drive me home ?