Maxum Depth Alarm

Canboria

Visit site
Does anyone have the instructions or know how on how to set the manufactures built in depth alarm on Maxum Sports Cruisers

Derek

G

I thought for a minute it read maximum depth alarm, thought you were cracking up Derek

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)

Canboria

Visit site
Clive, the problem is the maximum depth various so much when you wander out of the main channels on the Medway, it would be comforting to have a little prior warning from the alarm, tried everything to set it, but always appears to alarm at the current depth reading, wife then starts to panic.

Is Wednesday night still on for the head removal party?

Derek

G

What I meant was you need a "minimum depth alarm" dont yer. Little play on words.

I set my Garmin 160 fishfinder alarm goes off at 1500mm

Yes meeting Phil Tuesday PM staying on boat so we get an early start Weds AM

G

If its anything like mine ( Lowrance3500 ) I wouldn't rely on it ...fit a fish finder

Canboria

Visit site
Cant tell what the make is, all I have is a small display built in to the dash and 2 rocker switches, one to turn it on and one to turn on and set the alarm.

Derek

andyball

Visit site
OK, the faria one we've got can be used with remote switches,so I'll try to explain how that one works,in case it's any help (faria stuff is on a lot of US boats)

There would be two(or three) switches, one for on/off/mode, another one each( or a two way one) for changing the values up/down.

You press the on/off/mode one briefly once, and it shows the shallow depth alarm, press once again for deep setting,again for keel offset,again for units (feet or m), and finally back to the normal display.

While each "mode" is active....the up/down switch(es) change the settings.

If that's no good, are maxum in business still? I've had great help (free parts/postage in fact) from the makers of our US boat.

G

This easily misinterpreted thread begs a related question, has anyone discovered a really practical use for the maximum depth alarm?

Partly answering my own question, it has possible application as an anchor cable watch, but I am rather more curious why you should want to set it for depths in excess of 200m or whatever!

Unfathomable eh?

Medway Motor Yacht Club
http://www.mmyc.co.uk

G

Interesting make of boat NJ (your profile refers) where are you berthed I'm
at Chatham

Canboria

Visit site
Thanks for that Andy, all makes sense, I will give it a try tomorrow, failing that I will EMail Maxum in the US.

Derek

G

Cripes, there was me thinking I owned a Fairline! (thanks for spotting it).

We're up at Medway Bridge. Simple pleasures I know, but we like being able to see the river from our berth! You probably know that quite a few owners have migrated from MBM down to Chatham. How's it going?

Regards

Nigel

Medway Motor Yacht Club
http://www.mmyc.co.uk

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Or for following contoures from a chart. In case lost in fog and no radar or gps. Would not like to try it at 20knots but there you go. Might be usefull for fishing and for anchor watch would be excelent. Cant say I've ever bothered though.

1asi043.gif
<font color=blue>Haydn

jon_bailey

www.cerberusstorage.co.uk
I've a 97 Maxum and had the same problem that was sorted out by this forum. If you still get problems send me a PM and I'll tell you how. Mine only has on switch and one switch for setting depth alarm.

I've found it quick accurate although it does get a bit temperamental over 50' - although don't consider this much of a problem.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Only practical use Ive heard of is setting to keep inside a depth contour.
Trouble with these computer thingies is its fairly easy to program them to tell you all sorts of things so manufacturers say 'hey george we'll give 'em an alarm that goes off when the alarm goes off cos they'll think theyre getting more for their money....'
I cant swim very well so I keep mine set to 4' 6" so's that way I never get out of my depth.........

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boatsontheweb.com/galleryframes.html> BoatsOnTheWeb Photo Gallery</A>

wakeup

Visit site
I've got the instructions at home for the depth alarm fitted to my Maxum2100SC my2000.

PM and I'll scan them and send them to you via e-mail.

yada yada..