Matsutec HA-102 AIS Transponder- any reason not to buy?

Irish Rover

Visit site
I'm planning to buy and install an AIS transponder before the summer. The above unit is available in Türkiye for around £410. I want to integrate it with a Garmin GPSmap 820xs. Does anyone have any experience - positive or negative - with these or can recommend a better alternative from the UK at a comparable price.

fredrussell

Visit site
I paid £180 incl delivery for mine a year or two ago. Buy from AliExpress or similar. My one hasn’t missed a beat - would happily recommend it. You’ll need a PC to input your MMSI etc, can’t use a Mac.

Bobc

Visit site
I'm planning to buy and install an AIS transponder before the summer. The above unit is available in Türkiye for around £410. I want to integrate it with a Garmin GPSmap 820xs. Does anyone have any experience - positive or negative - with these or can recommend a better alternative from the UK at a comparable price.
Great bit of kit. Got mine direct from Matsutec in China (my mate lives there).

Stingo

Visit site
Big difference when I put in a UK address $233 shipping from Italy. Thinking cap is overheating here figuring shipping to NI should be tax free from Italy.
Less than €20 shipping to Portugal

€ 257,28 43%OFF | Lowest ! HA102 Wireless Marine AIS Receiver and Transmitter System CLASS B AIS Transponder Dual Channel Function CSTDMA Function
184.84£ 43% OFF|Lowest ! HA102 Wireless Marine AIS Receiver and Transmitter System CLASS B AIS Transponder Dual Channel Function CSTDMA Function| | - AliExpress

Irish Rover

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Will I need to buy a separate GPS antenna for the Matsutec or Onwa units or will the get their position from the Garmin plotter that I'll be connecting.

harvey38

Visit site

Bobc

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Will I need to buy a separate GPS antenna for the Matsutec or Onwa units or will the get their position from the Garmin plotter that I'll be connecting.
You need to buy an antenna. Cheap one from ebay works fine.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I think another option in that price range is the Onwa KS200A available through Aves Marine in ebay.
Thanks. I ordered one of these direct from Aves Marine today over the telephone. Very straightforward. The main man Alan answers the phone and is very knowledgeable and helpful. I sent him all the details on WhatsApp to preprogramme the unit for me. He confirmed it was all done and sent me a DHL tracker reference. So far so good.

PhillM

Visit site
Have recently dealt with Alan at AVES and so far a happy customer. Not used the kit in anger but so far everything as expected. Hppy to recommend.

KAM

Visit site
Mine came with GPS ariel too. Similar price from Aliexpress. Been very happy with it.