Marine engineer, Faro area?

[3889]

Visit site
Can anyone recommend an engineer to service a Yanmar water pump (already removed from engine, bearings siezed) around Faro? Tried myself but can't get the shaft out and frightened of doing damage. Have got replacement seal and bearings.
Edit: Marina Formosa at Olhao: good, bad or indifferent?

Last edited:

GHA

Visit site
There's a fair few good backstreet places behind the boatyards in Olhao mostly catering for the fishing boats, if you wander up with the pump and bang on a few doors someone will very likely sort you out for not that many Euros .
Marina Formosa is a bit cramped, plus they charge for LX, Bruces is a more pleasant yard and free LX, for now anyway.

xViH1Wx.jpg

[3889]

Visit site
There's a fair few good backstreet places behind the boatyards in Olhao mostly catering for the fishing boats, if you wander up with the pump and bang on a few doors someone will very likely sort you out for not that many Euros .
Marina Formosa is a bit cramped, plus they charge for LX, Bruces is a more pleasant yard and free LX, for now anyway.

xViH1Wx.jpg
Thanks. LX?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Faro marina next to the club bar, there's an outboard repair shop or an alternative is a guy called Joel who is a mechanic, usually around the marina. If you're here in Faro and want help, PM me as I'm on the mooring.

There's an engineering workshop at Olhao - Godinho, Lda, Rua23, lote 163-165. On industrial estate behind the filling station near end of commercial dock. They turned a new propshaft for me a few years ago, speak good English.

[3889]

Visit site
Faro marina next to the club bar, there's an outboard repair shop or an alternative is a guy called Joel who is a mechanic, usually around the marina. If you're here in Faro and want help, PM me as I'm on the mooring.

There's an engineering workshop at Olhao - Godinho, Lda, Rua23, lote 163-165. On industrial estate behind the filling station near end of commercial dock. They turned a new propshaft for me a few years ago, speak good English.
Thank you. Should be arriving Faro Wednesday-ish.

greeny

Visit site
Just get it done locally like GHA says. Rum is an engine man and very very busy right now. At least he was on Saturday when I last spoke with him.