Marinas on the Dart

Ripster

Visit site
Found two of them - Noss and Darthaven - but what others are there? Pontoon mooring with direct shore access only!

Any at all?

Ripster

Visit site
10m £6.7k pa... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jimg

Visit site
What size boat are we talking about?
Are you interested in visiting or permanent, not very likely to get a permanant berth I am afraid.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Is'nt it always the same. Get half the story. Then spend ages barking up the wrong tree, then look a mug. Some smart alex guesses the right answer and looks a super star.

I escaped from Dartmouth, the day after buying the boat. Nice place to visit, but way, way overpriced to buy anything there or to get service.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Well, theres the town quay for a start, which is a pontoon, conected to the town centre.. Electric and water. On the inside you can stay all day. Get there soon. On the outside you can stay the night, whilst ferrys are not running. There are also umpteen pontoons on the river and some buoys. You can anchor just across from the town if room. Loads of other places up river. We always liked the town pontoon and hardly failled to find a space.But theres only three of them. Doubled up is six.

AdeOlly

Visit site
Not so.. click on PhotoDog's link...
"We currently have several pontoon berths available for annual berth holders. A 10 metre, £6658.50 per annum (inc. VAT) and a 14 metre, £10,271.80 (inc. VAT)."
Sign of the times...?

ebbtide

N/A
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Super place - probably my favourite port.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too - but I grew up there, when the ferries were steam-driven . . .
If visiting try to look and sound like a local, not a grockle; suddenly everything is half price!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

We stayed some nights in Darthaven marina a few years ago. I don't remember the berthing rates being outrageous but it's definitely worth booking ahead during the summer. IMHO, the Dart is one of the most scenic ports in the UK and is a must do if you're down that way
More info on Dart visitor moorings HERE . If you can get a visitor buoy off Dittisham further upstream, that is a lovely spot

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, the Dart is one of the most scenic ports in the UK and is a must do if you're down that way

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Try to visit Greenway House, Agatha Christie's old gaff. This is the view from the Gardens, looking down towards Noss Marina:

TilburyDocks.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
If you can get a visitor buoy off Dittisham further upstream, that is a lovely spot

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a brilliant photo, but this gives some idea:

DartmouthJuly2007030.jpg

The little motor boat is the Ferry and Water Taxi. It often performs both functions at the same time, so a simple river crossing can take some time. But who cares, in surroundings like this? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
Yep - i would concur.

Spent a night there and was 30% more than anywhere else I have berthed overnight. When I paid up the following morning and told the bloke for the price i ought to have had a newspaper and cup of tea in bed for the price followed by a full english he took the hump and was quite rude.

The fuel barge was similar - very high prices compared to elsewhere.

Dittisham was in contrast quite excellent and good value on the buoys there.

I agree with Deleted User - the approach and entrance is one of the best in the world. The rip off prices has put me off a bit.

I see from a w/e paper that Salcombe is struggling a bit now - certainly the house price issue has hit home.

Blueboatman

Visit site
£554 per month ????????????????????????????????????????????????

No wonder so few people ever manage to save enough to actually slip the chains and sail away from the UK..
But when they do , they can live like Onassis, Croesus and, well anyone you like..£554 buys an awful lot of fresh fish and icy beers..

Is this THE most expensive 10 metre berth marina in the UK then ?