Marina Davila Sport, Vigo

Peter

Visit site
Looking to leave our yacht over winter in the water at Marina Davila Sport in Vigo, seem to giving a good price for a annual contract, €3800 for a 14m yacht. Anyone had any experiance of over wintering a boat here? Looking to come out a couple of times over the winter for the odd "weekend break". So any comment good, bad or indifferent against the marina.

Thanks

ferroboat

Visit site
Looking to leave our yacht over winter in the water at Marina Davila Sport in Vigo, seem to giving a good price for a annual contract, €3800 for a 14m yacht. Anyone had any experiance of over wintering a boat here? Looking to come out a couple of times over the winter for the odd "weekend break". So any comment good, bad or indifferent against the marina.

Thanks

We have used Marina Davila Sport twice, both times for lifting out, pressure wash off, yacht put in a cradle for a couple of weeks on the hard standing, antifoul and re-launch. We found the service to be very professional, friendly and efficient. The security is second to none and we were allowed to work on our boat ourselves as much as we liked, which can be unusual in Galicia. Carlos the manager speaks excellent English, as do many of his staff. You could not pick a better marina to overwinter in my opinion. Not the cheapest, but you pay for what you get.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
We wintered there twice in 2012/13 and got a very good price from Carlos. It was running at a loss until Carlos was appointed and turned it around. I'd certainly use them again if back in that area but I expect prices will have risen as business picked up.

We wintered ashore in the yard, not afloat. No problem sleeping on-board or doing work on the boat (though I think contract said these things weren't allowed). I think that some berths could be a bit bumpy (corner in front of office, I think). We were always on big pontoons in middle, huge cleats and top was actually level with our deck.

The marina is a bit out of the way but they will lend bikes for shopping etc. Weather is pretty dire in winter, very wet. So not a great spot to liveaboard in winter. Excellent security due to location in port.