Map of the Thames

IanH

Visit site
I can't find my old Thames map, must have got lost in the move to IoM, and was trying to remember one of our trips. Didn't keep a log either. Tried google for online maps but no joy. Does anyone know of a site that has an online map of the river with locks on it?

Cheers

Ian

TrueBlue

Visit site
That\'s an easy one -

look here

Not quite what you may have expected - 'cos they are files rather than a map you can scroll along, but there's a lot of information, albeit slightly out of date.

Alternatively, if you have lots of patience and are used to working with quite clunky user interfaces, do the following:-
<ul type="square">
go to the home page from the web address posted above
Clock on plan your trip
Select the furthest town you want to include - from the Towns tab
Click on Add to Plan (underneath the town map)
Repeat for the other end.
Click on Your Trip and It'll show you all the features you've selected.
Not perfect as it depends on Towns and Attractions submitting details, so there are huge gaps.
[/list]

It's all for free, so when it's raining give it a go.

TrueBlue

Visit site
The EA maps were very slow in coming, and I suspect were a disappointment to EA as few people bought them; shame.

The blown-up versions displayed at each lock are excellent quality and very readable. Surprisingly the pdf versions available from VisitThames are poor resolution and so when enlarged are 'orrible.

Please don't junk them and if they can be rescanned, I'm sure they can still be of use.