Mallorca

jfm

Visit site
I dont know anything in Cala D'Or, as you know there's a big marina there and Fairline etc shop. Vitesse have some dayboats (20 foot speedboats etc). The firm is based in Palma but the boats are sometimes in diff locations, so try them. Run by UK people, I have used them before, reliable outfit imho. Price list on their website. Eg 2002 Jeanneau Leader 8m for Euros 320/day.

http://www.vitesse.puerto-portals.com/listings/charter.html

tcm

Visit site
You won't be alone. August in Majorca is when anything that can float can be rented out no problem. Even a bathtub!!

1. Take any/all bits of paper proving your boaty qualifications.

2 Make very very sure that you can call using a mobile phone in spain- cala d'or is where a swimmer from a big pleasure boat (catamaran) was stucng by a weaver fish and died cos nobody knew how to call energency services, which are actuially quite good, but you need the phone number, not ch 16.

3 cala d'or is off the beaten track for mainstream renting, 20+ miles from palma. Try Port Fairline (number in MBY) which are one (if not the) biggest outfit in that port and ask either if there's someone who will rent you their boat, or for other contacts who'll rent you something. It would be an idea to have a decent credit card for deposits, and a fair amount of cash. Do this soon cos their anual rally starts next week 21st ish and they'll all be busy. Charles Keily was a good contact, very nice English Gent, not at all sharkified. Note that they are part of BA Peters, based in Chichester.

4. Once waterborne, Es Trenc is quite good, just clockwise around the island a few miles. You can sit in bars and girls wander up and down the beach selling beach wraps. They demonstrate what the wraps look like and er are topless. So, they are very popular, and everyone wants a wrap. No, not that one, the other one, i've forgotten what that looked like....

5. take a crappo floating petrol station-type dinghy to paddle across cala d'or - it's only 50 metres across but to walk around is a blimmin mile or more.

stewart

Visit site
Might be able to help...

If you're interested in day charter of a Sunseeker Camargue 46 based in Alcudia (not far away) then let me know, think mine is likely to be free in early August.

Stewart