Magnum, Magnum ... wherefore art thou ?

Bav34

Visit site
I stalked your conversion to the light-side from the dark-side.

I stalked your build from the opening of the first tin of resin.

I stalked your launch.

I stalked you to SPP

I sympathised that you had forgotten to pack the Fray Bentos.

I stalked you to Alderney.

I stalked you across The Channel into Plymouth ... averaging 8.5 knots !

Now ... nothing!

Have you run away screaming that you can't spend your life at the tickover speed of your SS?

Was it the best/worst thing ever?

Is Mrs Magnum going to love/hate it?

I NEED to know :D

jimi

Visit site
He's stuck on a pontoon in St Peter Port

... they've run out of food and starved to death cos he forgot to buy a dinghy and there's no water taxi

Boreades

Visit site
Well, he's not on the outer pontoon in St.Peterport anymore. Maybe he got the "duty free" he needed.

But the Plymouth area seems to have dropped off the AIS reporting.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?centerx=30&centery=25&zoom=2&level1=140

Or is he just on "slient running"? I'm tempted to suggest he's followed in the tracks of The Virtual Galley and The Chuffing Puffer. But that will have to be another story ;-)

Last edited:
Visit site
Maybe he's back in the ice cream factory making .................... Magnums. :D

Actually on a boat that flash, he has rolled out the collapsible helicopter and has flown up to Harrod's food hall for supplies from the phony Pharoah ( as Tiny Rowlands used to call him)

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
I'm here!

Handover in Guernsey was on schedule. First sail under my ownership was St Peter Port to Braye Harbour on Saturday. The next day we sailed to Plymouth in rather lumpy, confused seas but for most of the passage made good speed.

Magnum is lovely. As usual there are some issues to resolve and again as usual they are mainly down to inadequate QC. CNB build a good boat and overall I'm happy, but they are frustrating to deal with and need to grasp the concept of customer service a little more.

Today we've had contractors onboard measuring up for cockpit cushions, covers and the all important owner's sprung mattress :D More of the same tomorrow.

Wednesday we hope to sail to Salcombe although I'm not sure we'll have enough wind.

Mrs Magnum is doing fine and enjoying the experience :)

fireball

Visit site
Coo ... :)

I didn't shout and wave as I took the following - I guessed you were rather pre-occupied:

176fa467.jpg

Sorry the quality is rubbish - I (stupidly) didn't pick up the big camera and only shot this on my iPhone as you went past ... ho hum ... still - coffee in St PP was nice - as was the wander around the boat show...
Only just made it to the port in time - having arrived on the Island a few minutes earlier ...

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
As usual there are some issues to resolve and again as usual they are mainly down to inadequate QC. CNB build a good boat and overall I'm happy, but they are frustrating to deal with and need to grasp the concept of customer service a little more.

Would that put you off using them again?

Hermit

Visit site
Just walked past Magnum (the boat) in Mayflower marina just along from my boat. She is absolutly stunning and I am green with envy! Best of luck with her.

Alfie168

Visit site
Thats is one nice boat. I think my boat is just big enough to be a tender to yours:eek:

Wishing you many happy voyages.

Tim