LPG Alarms & Sensors

Flossdog

Visit site
Have to replace my alarm and sensor and the Nereus Alarm & Control system looks good but is very considerably more expensive than, e.g. the Pilot alarms. Has anyone any experience of Nereus?
Thanks in advance.

davidwf

Visit site
Had Nereus alarm a few years ago in a previous boat, it was very neat and I liked the waterproof sensor. But reality is that my bilges are dry and the sensor tends to be fitted above the floor boards anyway. So I'm not sure its worth the extra over a Haztec which I also had many years ago and it worked fine.

If you expect to get the sensor wet then Nereus but otherwise I reckon the Haztec is equally as good.

I recently fitted a Fire Angle CO detector, at one time their instructions stated that they were unsuitable for boats but the latest instructions make no mention of that and the website even mentions their use on boats now.

One I bought has 7 year life and only cost around £21.

Last edited:

Leighb

Visit site
We have the Nereus setup and in particular like the ability to turn the gas on/off at the bottle by pressing a button on the panel in the galley. It saves going out into the cockpit on a wet night. :D

As well as sounding an alarm it automatically shuts off the gas supply if there is a leak. We have not had a real leak but it seems to work fine on testing.