Looking to gain experience.

Bobbing About

Visit site
Hi to All
As a retired person I’m looking to gain experience before getting my own boat so would really appreciate any opportunities to crew with experienced hands. Last October 2023 I started out doing Comp’ crew, followed buy day skipper theory and practical and finally Yachtmaster theory in April. Overall I’ve covered around 500 miles on 36ft sloops during the past year culminating in our first charter a few weeks back from Southampton- IOW- Weymouth. Thoroughly enjoyed the experiences so far but as someone who served an apprenticeship in his younger days there’s no substitute for time served hands. I live on the East side of the M25 so access to the Essex and Suffolk coasts is relatively straightforward and I have family in the Norfolk/ Suffolk borders so Yarmouth/Lowestoft/Ipswich and the broads is around 40 minute drive from there. I realise that now is the tail end of the season for a lot of people, however if anyone needs a pair of hands to help extend the season or assistance at the start of next season then feel free to drop me a message or reply to this post.
Regards
Rob

Bobbing About

Visit site
Hi Yorkshire Exile, thank you for your reply. As a newbie on the forum I don’t think I’m able to use the PM system yet as I understand I have to build up rights.. You can email me on [Content removed] with an alternative means of communication WhatsApp, messenger, email, etc and I will get back to you.
Regards
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Yorkshire Exile

Visit site
Hi Yorkshire Exile, thank you for your reply. As a newbie on the forum I don’t think I’m able to use the PM system yet as I understand I have to build up rights.. You can email me on [Content removed] with an alternative means of communication WhatsApp, messenger, email, etc and I will get back to you.
Regards
Rob
Will do Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnalison

Visit site
I’m no expert on the subject but I understand that it is better to avoid putting one’s email address on an open forum.

My season has really ended now but I might be in a position to offer day-sails from Titchmarsh next year in a 34.

Bobbing About

Visit site
I’m no expert on the subject but I understand that it is better to avoid putting one’s email address on an open forum.

My season has really ended now but I might be in a position to offer day-sails from Titchmarsh next year in a 34.
Yes I was mindful of that point but the forum doesn’t allow access to the PM system when you first join and I didn’t want to I seem like I was disregarding a genuine reply to my request. Thank you for your offer for next season, and yes if you find yourself available If very much like to join you. Please feel free to message me.
ATB Rob

Yorkshire Exile

Visit site
Regards
Rob
Have sent you a PM with my e-mail, hope you get it. You did the right thing. You will find Johnalison is always right!;)

johnalison

Visit site
Have sent you a PM with my e-mail, hope you get it. You did the right thing. You will find Johnalison is always right!;)
That is not Alison’s opinion, but in this case I think I was.
I should warn Mr Bobbing that only one forum member has ever survived a day out on my boat.