Lockdown in Portugal

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
From Thursday. Stay at home except for essential journeys...

Covers 70% of the country, including Cascais and Lisbon.

So our engineer, who lives in Lisbon, won't be able to come and fit the engine when it arrives.

This just gets better.

- W

• Sad
Reactions: GHA

nortada

Visit site
From Thursday. Stay at home except for essential journeys...

Covers 70% of the country, including Cascais and Lisbon.

So our engineer, who lives in Lisbon, won't be able to come and fit the engine when it arrives.

This just gets better.

- W

Currently, there are restrictions on movement, over this weekend, which will be lifted at 6am on Tuesday 3rd Nov. They fall far short of a lock-down

This restriction of movement between counties is to reduce the number of Portuguese visiting family graves, in large numbers to pays their respects to dead relatives and friends. Interestingly it only applies to Portuguese citizens and residents - not visitors - and travel to and from airports is still permitted.

I have been advised that a State of Calamity has to be renewed every 2 weeks and the current one runs out on 2nd Nov. I believe the Portuguese Government reviewed the whole situation yesterday but have yet to see the outcome.

The latest report I have seen Portugal to decide new measures to control pandemic today, doesn't suggest another lockdown but measures proportional to the local circumstances so from what I am reading the engineer should still be able to fit your engine but because of social distancing you may have to leave the boat whilst the engineer is at work.

Anybody got a later link (preferably in English)? ;)

Last edited:

greeny

Visit site
So with circa 4000 new infections per day and a population of 10.28 million of whom 145,000 have already had it, The rest of us will all have had it in 2533 days (almost 7 years) time if my sums are correct. If the lockdown works then it will take even longer to get through us and our lives will be restricted / affected correspondingly longer.
I'm not saying that my view is to let it spread and get it over with, but 7 years is a long time to put up with these restrictions on our lives. Some of us on here may not even see the end of it. Old age or critical illness will get us if covid doesn't.
I have to say my views are changing when I look at these numbers.
Of course, vaccine is the game changer.
p.s. someone please tell me my sums are wrong.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
A vaccine would be part of the solution but, how many different vaccines will be needed as it mutates, such as with flue? Each year the W.H.O has to decide which flue strains are likely to be prevalent so a mix can be prepared. I also bear in mind that after 40? years, there's still no vaccine for H.I.V although suppressants have been developed which minimise effects.

Intersesting that Sao Bras (little England) is the only Algarve region in lock-down.

nortada

Visit site
A vaccine would be part of the solution but, how many different vaccines will be needed as it mutates, such as with flue? Each year the W.H.O has to decide which flue strains are likely to be prevalent so a mix can be prepared. I also bear in mind that after 40? years, there's still no vaccine for H.I.V although suppressants have been developed which minimize effects.

Interesting that Sao Bras (little England) is the only Algarve region in lock-down.

Thing about these new vaccines rather than being one offs so when the virus mutates, they no longer work, the new vaccines develop T-cells which should give wide spectrum long term (17years+) immunity.

When asked how the Oxford team were so quick off the mark, they replied that they have been working on T-cell immunity for over 25 years. The aim was to get a single vaccine to combat various strains of flu and the common cold.

Always strapped for cash, progress was slow but Covid19 changed all of this with unlimited funds.

Dr John Campbell in You Tube has a series of videos that are easy watching and covers many aspect of Covid19.

Sailfree

Visit site
Restrictions apply to everywhere this weekend but after the holiday to only IIRC about 121 municipalities and there are some 300 in total (278 on mainland)

Population wise it covers 70% of the population and main areas Porto and Lisbon.

I am staying isolated with 2 friends but saw all the visitors coming into Nazare before the lockdown and obviously intending to leave after the holiday think I will stay here and see if there are any covid spikes before returning to boat/marina.

On silver coast most municipalities are not included in the current list of 121.

Alicatt

Visit site
A vaccine would be part of the solution but, how many different vaccines will be needed as it mutates, such as with flue? Each year the W.H.O has to decide which flue strains are likely to be prevalent so a mix can be prepared. I also bear in mind that after 40? years, there's still no vaccine for H.I.V although suppressants have been developed which minimise effects.

Intersesting that Sao Bras (little England) is the only Algarve region in lock-down.
Try getting the Flu jab (Belgium), we are on a waiting list and have been for a while, my wife and I need flu + whooping cough vaccine so we can see our new grandson that was born today, with my age at over 64 plus being asthmatic I'm in a higher risk category but we don't know when we will get the jab.

nortada

Visit site
Try getting the Flu jab (Belgium), we are on a waiting list and have been for a while, my wife and I need flu + whooping cough vaccine so we can see our new grandson that was born today, with my age at over 64 plus being asthmatic I'm in a higher risk category but we don't know when we will get the jab.

Clearly you are in the wrong country.

Alicatt

Visit site
Big demand of the Flu jab this year due to the covid.
Doc thinks I already had it back at Xmas, worst "flu" I've ever had with pneumonia on top, 2 weeks in my bed I lost almost 10kg in weight and was running a 39.8c temperature.

Sailfree

Visit site
So... if locked down on a boat in Portugal I presume there is nothing to stop you leaving for the Canaries?

- W
I assume you are referring to me.

Wife in UK looking after her mum and I am trying to get new house finished. Need to be able to answer queries make decisions ?

We will have a party house (covid permitting) when bored with parties and music we might sail around the med for a few months and leave boat there.

Covid is really bringing it home - live for today.