Lock Issues this Bank Holiday

Scapegoat

Visit site
Chertsey out of action- collar broken apparently- no estimate for it being fixed yet

Attachments

• IMG_6124.jpeg
    IMG_6124.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
And Boulters …. Not sure how you guys put up with it !
Bray and Boulters has been on self service for 3 weekends now.
We went through Boulters at about 9am today (Saturday), and it was on self service, but we noticed that all the plants in the lock side bedding had just been watered as the mud around the plants was all wet. Seems the lock-in has time to go and water his flowers but not to work the locks on a bank holiday weekend 😡

Meps1983

Visit site
I was going to have an overnighter somewhere local ish to Racecourse Marina. But after reading this and looking at the weather, I'm not so sure now! It's becoming a constant issue with the locks nowadays either broken unmanned or both 😤

Time Out

Visit site
Boulters lock on self service again, along with Bray again today (bank holiday weekend).

I’ll take that if I can actually get to it 😂

Leaving home now to figure out what to do with boat. Hopefully lock will be open later otherwise… actually I have no idea !

Time Out

Visit site
I had to clear boat so had to travel here anyhow. On site team are confirming Tuesday / Wednesday depending on progress.

Long trip next weekend!

Mataji

Visit site
Got stuck in Sanford lock this morning. I was going up after a Salters steamers boat went down. The steamer boat crew had switched the lock to lock keeper control, they let me in and shut the gate behind me, and opened the top gate paddles from the bottom gate control box. They then left down river. Lock filled but the top gates would not open when lock filled. Salters had left it on lock keeper control.

I called EA and an off duty lock keeper appeared after 40 minutes and sorted it out. I think that is excellent service from the EA. They do not deserve the criticism they often get from people who seem to expect 5* hotel service at every lock they go through.

Meps1983

Visit site
I must confess after my rant that we went out for the night sunday and had manned locks the whole way except one. It was very busy, but downstream was a nice change. So it's not all doom and gloom out there it seems!