Liveaboard yacht ideas

alorwin

Visit site
Hi

We have been looking for a liveaboard for some time now and need to pick a few brains! We have looked and loved Endurances but can't find one withing our £35,000 price range. From reading through the forum, most people seem to recommend something between 33-38 feet. Can anyone offer us any ideas on a liveaboard with good cruising ability, to see if we have missed any suitable yachts? My partner is tall and broad so space is a bit of an issue!

If anyone has anything in GRP they are wanting to sell within this budget that might be suitable then please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon with your ideas!

Amanda OP

<hr width=100% size=1>

chasroberts

Visit site
Have you considered a Southerly? Lot's of space inside with full standing headroom throughout. Plenty of storage and the lift keel gives a draught of 2'8" - 7'8". Southerly 105 or 33s should be on the market at around your price range.
I own a 105 which is a great cruising boat. Not the fastest in the world but then who's rushing?

They're made by Northshore of Itchenor and have a good Owners Association.

Well worth a look.

Chas Roberts

<hr width=100% size=1>Semper in excretum sum. Sole profundum variat!

Talbot

Visit site
You could have change for a 9m Catalac catamaran. Main berth is a decent 6'6"x4'6" and there is stacks of space - I am 6'2" so understand the problem. They don't go to windward very well, but what proper cruiser does? I am slowly preparing mine for a trip UK/Australia. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F27071/>This</A> is what they look like - if you want to know more, give me a shout.

<hr width=100% size=1>

pragmatist

Visit site
Have you considered a Rival 34 ? A true classic but might be a bit small.

<hr width=100% size=1>a pragmatist is an optimist with a boat in the UK

Melody

www.aegeansailingschool.com
I know of a 33ft Moody for sale here in Greece at £27,000 I think. She is fully equipped for med cruising and the couple who are selling her have lived comfortably aboard for quite a few years. He's a carpenter and v. practical so she's well looked after. If you want details please email me at melody@ecosse.net in the next few days as we're due to leave boatyard soon and will be sailing away so I won't be able to get the details for you.

<hr width=100% size=1>Melody McKay Burton
Yacht Valentine, Greece