Little Outboards

squidge

Visit site
Buy the Honda!!
Have to say that as i just have and am still trying to justify splashing out
Havent used it yet but is looks pretty! And at the mo its with a 5 year warranty so at the price its a "steal".(joke)
See ,"stolen outboard register"
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Heckler

Visit site
yam 2 hp

me old fart, bad back, yam 2hp nice and light, reliable, easy to start, pushes my 7.5 ft inflatable + me + mam to club across harbour in force 6 to club and back,
no probs
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

Birdseye

Visit site
After 15 years of a Mariner 2hp, I've gone the other way and bought an old Seagull for £30. Being that way inclined, I took it to bits, and was starled at the good practical design involved. People always said they will go on for ever, and when in bits you can see why. Starts first time every time. OK its a bit oily, and doesnt have a re-coil starter. But on the other hand, it has a water pump that wont need an impellor (it doesnt touch the sides), a bottom end which is shimmed up with washers, a cylinder head with no waterways to corrode, no plastic covers to break, and so on. All that puzzles me is how they couldnt make them way cheaper than my much more sophisticated Mariner.

Sure it isnt as light or as quiet. But I can now go on and waste the money saved on some other "must have" piece of boaty kit.

<hr width=100% size=1>