Limehouse Not Accepting Visitors 2023.

oldgit

Visit site
Have it good on authority that the marina will not be accepting any casual visitors this year.
Shame. :)
So only St Kats and South Dock.
WID also a No No.

Chris_d

Visit site
Have it good on authority that the marina will not be accepting any casual visitors this year.
Shame. :)
So only St Kats and South Dock.
WID also a No No.
Always understood you could moor against the wall on the Crusing Association side for nothing, I certainly did once many years ago now but we did arrive through the lock from the Regents canal side and not the tideway. ;)

Parabordi

Visit site
Always understood you could moor against the wall on the Crusing Association side for nothing, I certainly did once many years ago now but we did arrive through the lock from the Regents canal side and not the tideway. ;)
yeah i thought that too

oldgit

Visit site
@oldgit If you want to get a group of boats into St Kats this year, especially on one of the bank holiday weekends, I wouldn't hang around. Rumour has it that dates are filling up fast.
We know. :) they are hosting couple of Rallys, however if you can be flexible regards your arrival and departure days they will attempt to get you in.
This simply due to the restricted locking windows ,too many boats not enough time.
We are going in a day earlier and leaving a day later.

Visit site
That's very interesting. I remember sailing to London from Ramsgate mid-week in November on a cold blowy day. I called up Chatham Marina and they said they were full! I couldn't believe it. I hadn't seen a yacht all day. South Dock are applying to convert more berths into residential moorings. I can understand the marinas wanting to maximise profits by renting out all the berths on an annual basis but without a percentage of visitor berths the whole yachting industry will grind to a halt. I really think there should be a planning regulation to enforce a percentage of visitor moorings.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
For Limehouse you could consider buying a 1 week Canal River Trust "rivers only license" which will cost £26 for a 30ft boat. Then you can moor on the wall (no services) but Aquavista staff will badger you after 24hours. If you can get under the bridge into Limehouse cut (quite low) you can moor in the "refugee camp" for up to two weeks.

Cheap way to visit Limehouse for a few days on a small boat with low air draft but with no electric or water or anything. Also no diesel at Limehouse.

Because it is technically part of the Lee Navigation Limehouse is on the CRT "rivers only" license (actually a registration) which is 60% of the cost of a normal canal license n

tony_lavelle

Visit site
For Limehouse you could consider buying a 1 week Canal River Trust "rivers only license" which will cost £26 for a 30ft boat. Then you can moor on the wall (no services) but Aquavista staff will badger you after 24hours. If you can get under the bridge into Limehouse cut (quite low) you can moor in the "refugee camp" for up to two weeks.

Cheap way to visit Limehouse for a few days on a small boat with low air draft but with no electric or water or anything. Also no diesel at Limehouse.

Because it is technically part of the Lee Navigation Limehouse is on the CRT "rivers only" license (actually a registration) which is 60% of the cost of a normal canal license n
That sound potentially very useful. Any idea of max air draft of boats to get under the bridge?

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I don't know the exact air draft but around 8ft6 would say. It might be on the CRT website somewhere.

A good way to measure these things (it is a footbridge) is using an ultrasonic tape measure bouncing the signal off the water from the bridge. Unfortunately I don't have one but have used this method in the past.

SandyP

Visit site
Btw

If thinking of staying more than a month on CRT water, you'll also need a bss

Yes, the canal is a good workaround if beam under 14ft, tho the waterway is very busy and moorings limited

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Limehouse cut is almost empty at the moment from Commercial Road to Bow locks. There are some rings just past Lidl on the towpath side opposite the second set of moorings but the rest is not well set up for mooring.

The bit close to the marina by the sharp bend is often very busy yes..

Self declaration for safety and lavatory type for visitor license.
I would not suggest a visit of more than about a week as it is nothing special. Having said that I've been on a residential mooring on Limehouse Cut for ten years. Oh dear.