Lift, scrub and relaunch straight away

dom

Visit site
Cowes/Kingston Marine would be my recommendation:
Welcome to Cowes Harbour Commission

As ever, if it's only a mid-season scrub be sure to ask whomever is doing the spraying to use the correct nozzle and pressure setting as too hard it will simply blast off all the a/f ?

xcw

Visit site
Lift, scrub and relaunch straight away in Solent, good value any where in Solent?
Thanks
The Boat Lift, Haslar. Fast turnaround (one hour), good service. Not sure about good value - is anywhere good value in The Solent????

Stemar

Visit site
As an alternative, there's the scrubbing grid at Hardway. A tenner for the grid, another for the pressure washer, plus a token or two and you're done for change from £30. Two downsides, it's DIY and you're stuck for a full tide.

dom

Visit site
The Boat Lift, Haslar. Fast turnaround (one hour), good service. Not sure about good value - is anywhere good value in The Solent????

Has Sealift3 put a price list up again or do they still only produce one upon request?

It would also be interesting to know if anyone has recent experience of them? I know a couple of cases where boats were a/f'd by them and the job was simply terrible. The guy managing the liftdock couldn't even speak to the temporary staff doing the painting, wherever they were from!

PhillM

Visit site
I got RS divers to do mine instead of a lift.. £205 inc VAT for scrub and anode change on the mooring (Trot/Hamble). Enquired on a Friday, got the quote on Monday, job done on Thursday. Great service, no connection, etc.

I shall bring her out in the winter and do a decent refit before next season. its her 60th birthday next May, so I want her looking her best for that :)

Elessar

Visit site
Cowes/Kingston Marine would be my recommendation:
Welcome to Cowes Harbour Commission

As ever, if it's only a mid-season scrub be sure to ask whomever is doing the spraying to use the correct nozzle and pressure setting as too hard it will simply blast off all the a/f ?
Great recommendation.
Also dryberthing.com up the Itchen. All tide access lifts up to 15 tonnes I think.

dom

Visit site
If it helps, Sealift at Haslar charged me £201 in October last year for a 10 metre yacht. Is that good or bad value?

If one is say whipping out to a start line, want only a quick blast, and if time is more important than money, then why not.

Though it's about 35% more expensive than a proper yard such as Kingston Marine where skilled professionals will try to tailor exactly what is required, whether that be a gentle scum/weed removal to protect a cruisy a/f or a good old blast to prep a raceboat with a hard finish.

XDC

Visit site
I asked this question a while back Sealift Gosport but still don't understand how any antifoul is left on the hull after blasting = instant fouling buildup.