Leyland-Thornycroft Diesels

John_Hampton

Visit site
I have recently bought a boat powered by 2off BLMC 2.2 Diesels. On one of the heat exchangers on the top of the engine (The long aluminium castings with the words Leyland-Thornycroft on them) the blanking off screw (approx. 25mm dia. is missing, unfortunately the plug in the other engine will just not budge for me to remove it to have a copy made. Has anyone got one or know where to find one from?

Also need an oil pressure switch/transducer which screws into the engine block.

I am changing the mechanical gearboxes marked 'MOWOG' so if anyone needs one/a pair please email.

Sammy

Visit site
I think you will find that the plug is a standard 1" taper iron plug which can be obtained from a good plumbing supplier.
Most other stuff is still available for these engines although some bits are getting a bit difficult to find now.
ASAP supplies are good for senders etc.
Best of luck,

Sammy

Visit site
Hi John,
Yes all the outlets should be BSP thread either 1" 3/4" or 1/2.
If you really want to get the old one out try heating the casting first.
Chris.

John_Hampton

Visit site
Thanks Mike, will check website for phone number for future use. The boat we bought came with 2 fitted engines, but these had never been plumbed in (No electrics, fuel, exhausts, throttles etc, the previous owner having removed & refurbished them, but for personal reasons walked away from the project). Whilst looking through the tons of bits we received with the boat I have found 2 brand new oil pressue gauges complete with transducers and different sized adaptors to fit into the block so that problem at least is solved!