Leroy somer windlass

chrisrog

Visit site
Does anyone know where I can get spare parts for these?

We have a problem with model SV800-801
The piece no 4 , entretoise or separator was missing from when we bought the boat. We can't find anywhere who supplies spares, we have tried Leroy Somer in france but they no longer make them. We want to get one made but are not sure exactly what it looks like or what it is made from. If anyone has this model could you send photos and specs, I will be eternally grateful.

Sailfree

Visit site
Just wanted to bring this post to the top again as no replies.

I know Christine & Roger. I originally posted on here for advice for them as to a good boat to buy a few years ago. They followed the advice and as relative novices sailed to the Med and back! They are now again in Tunisia and would like to sort their windlass problem so if anyone can help.

I understand that Leroy Somers windlasses are not that common? Do you think they might have more replys posting on MoBo or PBO forum

pvb

Visit site
They were fairly common on French-built boats, but the company seemingly stopped making windlasses.

A post on another forum mentioned a company called L C Kittow as a possible supplier of spares. A quick Google suggests a couple of addresses:-

L C Kittow Ltd
34 Spear Road
Southampton
SO14 6UH

02380 322 650

L C Kittow & Co
Unit 10 Marsh Lane
Southampton
SO14 3EW

02380 332 624

fontmell

Visit site
Windlass

Leroy are one of the largest low voltage electric motor makers in Europe/World
they never made windlasses try lewmar

Pinnacle

Visit site
Leroy are one of the largest low voltage electric motor makers in Europe/World
they never made windlasses try lewmar

I am sorry - but thats just plain wrong. I have a Leroy Somer windlass on my boat.:)

On the Beneteau owners forum there was a similar question asked and Kittow might be the answer.

The OP might try;

Steve Davidson
8 PIT HEY PLACE
PADDOCK ROAD
WEST PIMBO
SKELMERDALE
LANCASHIRE
WN8 9PG
TEL : 01695 554112
FAX : 01695 554118

Steve's email address is steve.davidson@leroysomer.com

or, as suggested above,

L C Kittow Ltd
Address: 34 Spear Road, Southampton, SO14 6UH, UK

Heckler

Visit site
So has mine! I must try and get the thing apart soon. It's asthmatic and can hardly lift 2kgs let alone 15. I think it's b*gg*red though.
I phoned Steve from Leroy a few mins ago, he was v good. They stopped making them 10 years ago he said. He sent me pix andn some drawings of certain types and said he can source some electric motor bits such as brushes. If you do decide to change I would be interested in the scrap bits as backup for mine. I presume its the same.
Stu

robp

Visit site
I phoned Steve from Leroy a few mins ago, he was v good. They stopped making them 10 years ago he said. He sent me pix andn some drawings of certain types and said he can source some electric motor bits such as brushes. If you do decide to change I would be interested in the scrap bits as backup for mine. I presume its the same.
Stu

That's interesting. I contacted their company or agent, I can't remember which now, some time back. It was Brentford or Acton way in West London. and that guy was a bit non committal. If I can find one at the right price, I'll change it but it's a bit of an outlay. I think mine has just corroded up. Each time out I use a can of WD40 , sprayed between the gypsy and the housing and it frees up a bit.

I'd imagine it's the same on a 36' Bene 1998 vintage?

Do you know what power the motor is Stu?

chrisrog

Visit site
They were fairly common on French-built boats, but the company seemingly stopped making windlasses.

A post on another forum mentioned a company called L C Kittow as a possible supplier of spares. A quick Google suggests a couple of addresses:-

L C Kittow Ltd
34 Spear Road
Southampton
SO14 6UH

02380 322 650

L C Kittow & Co
Unit 10 Marsh Lane
Southampton
SO14 3EW

02380 332 624

I did see the original post and found a phone no. on the internet although not the same no. I could not get through on that no.
I have tried these nos. and as yet no one there. I got an answerphone saying no-one to reply and cant leave a message. If they are still in business they don't need any work!