Leros ; Chandlery

alyson

Visit site
Hi, I am hoping someone will be able to help that uses Leros as their main base, I have purchased a yacht I did this amid lockdown, due to covid, I have been unable to travel, everything crossed, lockdown may be lifting little by little, I am hoping to finally visit in June, whilst I appreciate their will be numerous chandleries for most things I need, does anyone reccommend one in particular that has a good selection of boat cookers, as our new purchase will need one, obviously there is some work required before she can go back in the water, if anyone is based in leros and has any contacts this would be very much appreciated, thanks for any help you can

De.windhoos

Visit site
Hi, I am hoping someone will be able to help that uses Leros as their main base, I have purchased a yacht I did this amid lockdown, due to covid, I have been unable to travel, everything crossed, lockdown may be lifting little by little, I am hoping to finally visit in June, whilst I appreciate their will be numerous chandleries for most things I need, does anyone reccommend one in particular that has a good selection of boat cookers, as our new purchase will need one, obviously there is some work required before she can go back in the water, if anyone is based in leros and has any contacts this would be very much appreciated, thanks for any help you can
There are 3 or 4 chandleries on Leros. However they won't have a large collection of cookers. My advise would be to go online and buy from an EU webshop. One of the bigger online chandleries is SVB24.com. They are based in Germany and have good service. However they are not (always) the cheapest!

Manosk

Visit site
As I ve sailed to Leros on many occasions there is in lakki town ,one in lakki marina (moor andDock) and one in Leros Marina

ITH

Winter in Kent, rest of the year on board
Visit site
. . . I appreciate their will be numerous chandleries for most things I need, does anyone reccommend one in particular that has a good selection of boat cookers, as our new purchase will need one, obviously there is some work required before she can go back in the water, if anyone is based in leros and has any contacts this would be very much appreciated. .

Alyson, we have used Leros as our base for the past five years: where is your yacht located (or to be located) in Leros? There are not numerous chandleries, but the three boatyards all have chandleries attached: Moor & Dock in Partheni, Artemis in Partheni, and Leros Marina in Lakki. Lakki Marina (owned by Moor & Dock) no longer operates a separate chandlery, but Stelios Morakis who manages Lakki Marina is very helpful.

As Caladh has already mentioned, the Greek chandlery in Lakki town is particularly well-stocked and knowledgeable, and will order equipment such as cookers for you (he maintains a good selection of manufacturer's catalogues). It is also close to the small supermarket which is one of the only dependable suppliers of bottled gas in Lakki.

Another American/Greek owned chandlery in Lakki town is less well-supplied with repair and maintenance products, but carries general yacht equipment. Fishing tackle and associated products are stocked in two other shops in Lakki.

We have had various repairs and maintenance work carried out in Leros over the years, both by the yards and by individuals. PM me if we can help with further information.

alyson

Visit site
Alyson, we have used Leros as our base for the past five years: where is your yacht located (or to be located) in Leros? There are not numerous chandleries, but the three boatyards all have chandleries attached: Moor & Dock in Partheni, Artemis in Partheni, and Leros Marina in Lakki. Lakki Marina (owned by Moor & Dock) no longer operates a separate chandlery, but Stelios Morakis who manages Lakki Marina is very helpful.

As Caladh has already mentioned, the Greek chandlery in Lakki town is particularly well-stocked and knowledgeable, and will order equipment such as cookers for you (he maintains a good selection of manufacturer's catalogues). It is also close to the small supermarket which is one of the only dependable suppliers of bottled gas in Lakki.

Another American/Greek owned chandlery in Lakki town is less well-supplied with repair and maintenance products, but carries general yacht equipment. Fishing tackle and associated products are stocked in two other shops in Lakki.

We have had various repairs and maintenance work carried out in Leros over the years, both by the yards and by individuals. PM me if we can help with further information.
Thank you for that info, we h

Hi Thank you for your help, It is so much appreciated, Our yacht is in leros marina, I am hoping with everything crossed to be heading out June, I have booked flights in advance, Leros marina have been great, I am not a expert computer wise, but with works required a cooker is paramount lol x It was my intention to see the boat, but covid struck so I have been totally dependent on my surveyor, so we have purchased, so any information is a bonus, many thanks for your reply, will get my daughter more computer logic than me to PM you if thats ok x

ITH

Winter in Kent, rest of the year on board
Visit site
Thank you for that info, we h

Hi Thank you for your help, It is so much appreciated, Our yacht is in leros marina, I am hoping with everything crossed to be heading out June, I have booked flights in advance, Leros marina have been great, I am not a expert computer wise, but with works required a cooker is paramount lol x It was my intention to see the boat, but covid struck so I have been totally dependent on my surveyor, so we have purchased, so any information is a bonus, many thanks for your reply, will get my daughter more computer logic than me to PM you if thats ok x

Happy to help; since you're in Leros Marina the restaurant there is recommended, and will feed you until the cooker is sorted! The marina is a little way out of Lakki, some 20 (elderly) minutes walking distance, but two of the supermarkets will deliver; as will the excellent wine/spirits/ice/water shop. Hope your travel plan is possible; we also have flights booked to Leros in June and keeping an eye on the Covid situation in Greece - which is not encouraging - despite talk of 'Holidays in May' by the Greek tourist ministry.

De.windhoos

Visit site
Happy to help; since you're in Leros Marina the restaurant there is recommended, and will feed you until the cooker is sorted! The marina is a little way out of Lakki, some 20 (elderly) minutes walking distance, but two of the supermarkets will deliver; as will the excellent wine/spirits/ice/water shop. Hope your travel plan is possible; we also have flights booked to Leros in June and keeping an eye on the Covid situation in Greece - which is not encouraging - despite talk of 'Holidays in May' by the Greek tourist ministry.
I often used the Dinghy to go into town, but that's because I'm a lazy bum ;).
I didn't find the restaurant in the Marina that good, but that was 3 years ago. There is also a restaurant just outside the marina, on the other side of the road.
In town, on the waterfront opposite the movie theater is one of the best Gyros places I know of in Greece.
The hardware store just outside of town has a huge selection and also has common boaty related stuff. But no electrical stuff, for that you need to go to the electrical shop in town.
Doing laundry in the marina is very expensive. 8Eu/load to use the machines. There is a laundry service in town that is much cheaper.