Leaking water tank

Tucepi

Visit site
One of my twin galvanised steel water tanks has sprung a leak. Murphys law states it has to be the one feeding the pump and so I can't isolate it.

Checked all the connections but appears to be leaking from the bottom.

Cannot access the top very well and not much room at the bottom. Too big to get out of the lazerette so what can I do.

Does anyone know a temporary repair such as rad weld for cars or anything similar in the boating sector.

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Well radweld would be great. Not to sure about the taste though. I have heard of eggs, thick pea soup and Porridge all been used to good effect in car engines. Peas soup on tap out of the hot water tap sound attractive!!

Other suggestion. Move pipe to good tank and disconect duff one. Stick a bung in the hole. BSP pipe fittings very easy and cheap.

You could soon get the duff tank out. Cut it to bits with an angle grinder. Getting the new one in could be more difficult, allthough there are flexible tanks for diesel, maybe water. So could add one of these. I suspect that the tanks lay each side of the engines. Taking one engine out or moving it a bit is not as big a job as it sounds. So thats another option to do the job properly.

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue> Haydn

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Is there a drain plug or drain tap on the tank? If so check that. If it's along a seam maybe it can be sealed with some liquid metal stuff you get in a tube.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

oldgit

Visit site
Had same prob last Summer.Tried to find easy fix solution .In the end isolated leaky tank and put new s/s tank in on temp basis.Had to cut old tank out with grinder real pain of a job.When finally extracted old tank had several holes all along tack points where baffles welded to tank walls.No way would any sealer have fixed the number and size of leaks./forums/images/icons/frown.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Oooh look its still not dark and its nearly 5pm