leaded/sinky rope

boaterbaz

With the singing potatoes and a mexican midget
Visit site
HELP! I need about twenty metres of leaded or sinking 14/16mm rope as a headline for a cradle on a drying mooring. Some old backline from a string of crabpots would be ideal.Does anyone know where I can get some in Cornwall or plymouth area. This is a bit urgent as the harbour authority are laying new moorings and I am leave in the UK for three weeks.

BAtoo

Visit site
HELP! I need about twenty metres of leaded or sinking 14/16mm rope as a headline for a cradle on a drying mooring. Some old backline from a string of crabpots would be ideal.Does anyone know where I can get some in Cornwall or plymouth area. This is a bit urgent as the harbour authority are laying new moorings and I am leave in the UK for three weeks.

How about this?? http://www.safety-marine.co.uk/anch...red-anchor-rope-nomanufacturer.htm?p1118-s37-

Or if it has to be just sinking doesnt ordinary 3 strand nylon sink??

Bilgediver

Visit site

I have 8 strand braided rope I use for stern springs and warps when reversing from the berth in order to warp around against prop walk and they sink to the bottom and lie in the mud when I let go.

dancrane

Visit site
Please pardon what may be a ludicrous suggestion...

how about threading nylon line, through almost the same length of the lightest chain available? I found it successful when I needed to maintain elasticity on a cable which risked tangling in props passing over a very shallow temporary mooring.