Le Chasse Marée - Saint-Vaast

Angele

Visit site
Had always been my favourite restaurant in the town, and I was saddened when it closed a couple of years ago. Well, the good news is that it has reopened under new management (almost 12 months ago, apparently).

Same décor as before - the yacht club burgees hanging from the walls/ceilings - and the atmosphere is also unchanged. Open 7 days a week in high season for lunch and dinner. (At other times shut on Wednesdays and, I think, Tuesday evenings).

Choice of a 3 course menu at €26 or a 4 course one at €37. I went for the 3 course one. Choice of 5 starters (9 oysters, fish soup, fish tartare, vegetable panna cotta with shrimps or salad with "Andouille de Vire") and 4 mains (fish sauerkraut, skate wing, fish of the day or duck).

I went for the fish soup and fish of the day, which was sea bream. Finished off with cheese. Very tasty food. Good service. I'll definitely be going back.

The whole bill came to €50 per head, but only because we had a kir royale as an aperitif (that is the one with sparkling wine at €10 - with still wine it is only €5) and half a bottle of wine each.