latest score

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
SHIIIIIIIIITTTTT

Food arrangements could be interesting. I will be making reservations on Monday evening (13th). We may need to split up between 2 locations.

The restuarants I previously consulted will sit up to 60.

Anybody know a really BIG place?

BTW, Ken, fourmite by the name of Joe is our 4th person, although my son Jon is still not certain, so we may be back to 3.

<hr width=100% size=1>It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: SHIIIIIIIIITTTTT

60 in one, 18 in the other?

I propose Jimi and other reprobates in the party of 18 /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Then a vote on who the other 17 reprobates are!

Suggest the Mobo boats together with crew, and all the regular mobo's crewing with raggies. Then Jimi will be in his element ;)

<hr width=100% size=1>Me transmitte sursum, caledoni

Colin_S

Visit site

La Ciboulette, Cherbourg
Run by: Serge Hersemeule
Address: 27, rue de L'Abbaye,
50100, Cherbourg
Tel: (33) 02 33 93 40 41
Fax: (33) 02 33 78 88 50
In La Ciboulette restaurant, you will discover the real French Cuisine, half modern and half traditional, cooked using local produce. The restaurant has four spacious and bright rooms that can be turned into private lounges or staterooms. Catering service available. Menu gastronomique available.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Colin_S

Visit site
Someone didn\'t enjoy their meal

It semmble that this restaurant changed since December 2000 bus well the service of this restaurant was very disappointing. A long service, gambas flambe with the whisky without taste, of the calf archi cooked.... "Some small imprecisions" (words of the owner) which make that in spite of the small commercial gesture on the addition, I will not return there.
christelle , 06/05/2004

Translated by google BTW

<hr width=100% size=1>

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
Cafe de Paris?

Nick,

Have you tried C de P? I don't know how many it takes but it is on two fllors with quite a few rooms upstairs.

I can vouch for the food, service can be slow sometimes but not so bad as to ruin an evening. It overlooks the Basin halfway between the marina and the Carrefour.

Chris

<hr width=100% size=1>

BobE

Visit site

This is ex a 2003 Chb res listing
With number of "settings" and "recomends" ex the earlier thread on places to eat in Chbg...
La Fayette 80 places 0 recom
Cafe de Paris 85 - 5
Cafe du Theatre 100 - 0
La Cale 60 - 0
Le Ciboulette 50 -2
Equipage ( yacht club) 100 - 0 I think it was mentioned tho'
Le Faitout 50 - 1
Le Cotentin 88 -2
Le Grandgousier 100 -2
le Quai des mers( rest. de la cite de la mer) 200 - 0
La Regence 80 - 4

There are of course others...
if you Pm me with an address I'll scan the list 'n send it...

Last time I was there I pre booked the La Regence for 10 of us but at midday Sat.,when I saw the table right at the back..Cancelled and went to Cafe de Paris..

Must say the food was Ok but thought it a bit pricey and slightly meagre quantity for my gannets... however we had a nice table in the 1st floor window..

Scream by Pm if I can help
Ph..01425 655712
Cheers Bob E...

<hr width=100% size=1>

zefender

Visit site

Try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ot-cherbourg-cotentin.fr/gastronomie/restaurants/restaurants.html>here </A> for info on local restaurants. Looks like there are a few that can take about our number. May be better value to have them offer a slightly more restricted menu at massive discount for the night. I suspect space to mingle is probably more important than absolute number of settings. Weather is likely to cause a few to drop off the current numbers anyway.....Let me know if you want a hand.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Panic Over

Le Contentin can seat us - and are sending their menu options. They provisionally agreed a month ago when I first spoke to them, so I have a rough idea what to expect.

Cafe de Paris is on answerphone, will try again on Tuesday.

The Yacht CLub are fully booked for a RORC bash on the same night. Most others either too small or not suitable.

Volunteers for making egg and cress sandwiches, anybody?

<hr width=100% size=1>It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.