Last Thames season

theguvnor

Visit site
Well, I`ve done the deed !

Contracts signed on a 45` Duch Steel cruiser located in Holland, purchase to be completed this month and going liveabord asap after Xmas.

BTW being used to Thames brokers / mechanics I was surprised by the cost of a lift out for the survey next Tuesday

45ft - 18 tonnes - lift, shore & relaunch - go on ....how much?....

wrong!

£45. yes that`s £45.00 inc

My marina is all Wi Fied up so will continue the be a attentive forum reader.

Only sad thing is the sale of my Sunfury - if any purchaser fails to show an avid sign of love and attention he can`t even bid for her !!

Do you think broker or private? She`s moored only 5 mins from my house at Cookham and having seen the apathy of brokers when looking for the new boat, if I can`t do better than that I`ll eat the fenders!!

byron

RIP
Visit site
Sorry to see you go /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif You will sell your SunFury rapidly on boats and outboards PROVIDED it isn't over priced.

apollo

Visit site
Good for you, its what I want to do myself when the time is right..!

Worth having a go on BoatsandOutboards as Byron says, you can always try a broker after if no luck.

The best broker by far for selling in our area is Bray, but he knows it so the commission is high when compared with others!!

Elessar

Visit site
totally agree with the other 2.

When I sold my old 2556, 3 people booked trials on the first saturday after publication on Boats and Outboards.

Bloke booked for 10 (from bristol) arrived at 830 but I took bloke booked for 9 (from devon) out first. He put the cheque in my hand as we were reversing back into the marina berth having done his own survey between Marlow and Cookham. Said he knew about boats and that was good enough for him.

Offered to buy bloke booked for 10 lunch and take him for a trip anyway but he politely declined.
Loads of calls after that too.

And the bloke who bought her sent me email photo up dates of pastures new, new gear etc so it felt like she went to a good home.

bradtarga34

Visit site
Boat sounds great, saw a couple of big Dutch steely's on the weekend, they looked very impressive with their nice blue hulls. Were you about around the Staines are over the weekend at all, I thought I remember the boat name?

pheran

Visit site
If thats your first experience of Dutch prices, you have a lot more pleasure in store. The harbour where we kept our boat used to charge me the princely sum of €5 per night including water and electricity!! And that was for a 60 metre boat (15m x 4m). We only paid €8 or €9 per night in the various town harbours we visited on our travels. But you do need to avoid places around the Ijsselmeer where there is considerable demand from the raggies as well as mobos. Muiden, for instance, charged us €23, so we only stayed the one night!!

So what did you buy and where do you intend keeping it? More details please.

theguvnor

Visit site
Boat is a Super Elegant 13m with 1 x 129hp Vetus Deutz. We are keeping her in Holland and will start the cruising just after Xmas. She is at Ould Loosdricht (just south west of Amsterdam)

I may try to pick your brains over a pint before we cruise off into the sunset

pheran

Visit site
Sounds very nice. Looking forward to the numerous pictures you will doubtless post eventually /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Until we sold our boat earlier this year, we lived on board for six months a year but didn't go out to Holland until the beginning of April. I think you are very brave starting after Christmas - Dutch winters are usually very much colder than ours. It got down to -15C two years ago and actually froze one of our very large domestic batteries which promptly exploded the first time a load was put on it! That's a tale in its own right. Oh, and everything is closed! The upside could be that most Harbourmasters probably wont bother to come round to collect the mooring dues.

I would be happy to pass on our experiences of our five years in Holland if there's anything you think would be helpful to you.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would be happy to pass on our experiences of our five years in Holland if there's anything you think would be helpful to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAH! All the best bars & brothels.

RutlandMike

www.sam2.us
If you haven't already instructed a broker, do list on Apollo Duck as well as Boats and Outboards - either the free add or £45 odd for extra photos - excellent response every time!