La Linea anchorage

MAURICE

Visit site
Hi all
will be leaving Valencia in near future and maybe stopping off at La linea Spain. Does anybody have recent knowledge of the anchorage is it usable. last time i passed there were a few boats in there but i understood they were getting moved but that was about 2 years ago?
Thanks

Cin70

Visit site
Have heard on the grapevine the Guardia are no longer moving people on providing you don't anchor too far out or near the no anchoring signs.

cherod

Visit site
You could maybe let us know the situation if / when you get there , and or where you go instead

Visit site
Hi all
will be leaving Valencia in near future and maybe stopping off at La linea Spain. Does anybody have recent knowledge of the anchorage is it usable. last time i passed there were a few boats in there but i understood they were getting moved but that was about 2 years ago?
Thanks

I was there in June. Got three days before the Guardia Civil cleared it out. Then boats were back a day after.

They said that it is not an anchorage, and the harbour mast doesn't wants boats there as it interferes with fishing.

There is no good place to leave the dinghy to go ashore. The local sail club is €5 a day which is a bit of pain. Also you don't have easy 24/hr access. La Linea itself is a dirty hole. The marina is much nicer than any in Gib though, but the nightlife in La Linea is better. I had no problem finding a lockin until 4am on a Monday night.

MAURICE

Visit site
Not sure if i will use this anchorage as it takes a while to get in and back rather than just straight across Gib into the Atlantic but depends on the weather. That said i like the bars in La Linea so we shall see. Ill let everybody know if i do decide to stop off.