just arrived in Greece now PP want to stamp dekpa monthly

Tony Cross

Visit site
Which PP was that please?

Agreed it would be useful to know. The changes to the DEKPA are in Greek law 4256/2014 article 10 and in the translations I have seen the new provisions state that:

The period of validity DE.K.P.A. It is indefinite, and the visa is made annually by the port authority. The DE.K.P.A. considered for a year at any time prior to twelve (12) months from the issuance or latest visa (eg DEKPA issued 15.09.2016 obligation to be conveyed to the port authority for consideration at the latest and 15-09 -2017. Let submitted 25/01/2017 and considered. this visa will be valid until 01/25/2018).

I am quite sure that the PP at wherever you obtained your new DEKPA are wrong. The CA are currently investigating the PP's actions in other ports for not following their own laws. Details would be welcome.

macd

Visit site
Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
The Greeks have just answered my queries on the DEKPA in Greek - clever boys aren't they. A Google translation gave me much of what I needed to know.

1. When will all ports have stock Answer ?- They now have stocks (obviously not!)

2. If there are multiple owners, to obtain the new form of DEKPA the law requires all original passports of all part owners.
Answer: Only the owners present - the rest may be by Notarised copy of the passport. So worth having a set on board for all part owners

Note - Any change in the registration documents will need to be accompanied by original (or notarised) proof of the changes - ie changes to ownership.

3. Mandatory date for holding the new Dekpa - Answer - not clear but appears to follow what we thought - 12 months from 09/08/2016.

4. Gaps in continuity of Dekpa -(the law implies that it is illegal to have gaps)
answer: Simply Ignored - much to hard to answer. Best knowledge that we have so far is that it could be just buying a new DEKPA at €50 - but knowing port police....... Just delay till you know you will be back Annually in Greece. The worry comes when owners have illnesses and may miss a whole season. We are working on it.

5 Payment Methods - we had complained about having to go to tax offices.
Answer - All payments must be paid through Greek online tax payment site viz
As for your fourth question, we inform you that the fare DE.K.P.A. is fifty euros (€ 50) and is filled with electronic fee. The correct type of fee for electronic payment of this form is 8147. The path in implementing e - Fee is:
https://www1.gsis.gr  Search by type code  8147  Search, and then filled in the details of the person concerned.
Or
https://www1.gsis.gr  Client: "Marine and Island Policy / Other Services" Disbursement Category: "Transit Log Vessel Pleasure - DE.K.P.A." Disbursement Type: "8147 - Charge AL .K.P.A. ", and then filled in the details of the person concerned.

Its all greek to me - I tried it with google translate at the wheel - couldn't understand it! not even to get anywhere at all. I presume you have to have a Greek Tax number?

Its a great shame but THIS government has become so ultra inward facing - no-one taking responsibility for anything - and just resuming more bureaucracy - - at least the last lot listened and did things.

Not worth following up next week - they will still be chasing their Easter bunnies with bangers:grumpy:

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
The Greeks have just answered my queries on the DEKPA in Greek - clever boys aren't they. A Google translation gave me much of what I needed to know.

1. When will all ports have stock Answer ?- They now have stocks (obviously not!)

2. If there are multiple owners, to obtain the new form of DEKPA the law requires all original passports of all part owners.
Answer: Only the owners present - the rest may be by Notarised copy of the passport. So worth having a set on board for all part owners

Note - Any change in the registration documents will need to be accompanied by original (or notarised) proof of the changes - ie changes to ownership.

3. Mandatory date for holding the new Dekpa - Answer - not clear but appears to follow what we thought - 12 months from 09/08/2016.

4. Gaps in continuity of Dekpa -(the law implies that it is illegal to have gaps)
answer: Simply Ignored - much to hard to answer. Best knowledge that we have so far is that it could be just buying a new DEKPA at €50 - but knowing port police....... Just delay till you know you will be back Annually in Greece. The worry comes when owners have illnesses and may miss a whole season. We are working on it.

5 Payment Methods - we had complained about having to go to tax offices.
Answer - All payments must be paid through Greek online tax payment site viz
As for your fourth question, we inform you that the fare DE.K.P.A. is fifty euros (€ 50) and is filled with electronic fee. The correct type of fee for electronic payment of this form is 8147. The path in implementing e - Fee is:
https://www1.gsis.gr  Search by type code  8147  Search, and then filled in the details of the person concerned.
Or
https://www1.gsis.gr  Client: "Marine and Island Policy / Other Services" Disbursement Category: "Transit Log Vessel Pleasure - DE.K.P.A." Disbursement Type: "8147 - Charge AL .K.P.A. ", and then filled in the details of the person concerned.

Its all greek to me - I tried it with google translate at the wheel - couldn't understand it! not even to get anywhere at all. I presume you have to have a Greek Tax number?

Its a great shame but THIS government has become so ultra inward facing - no-one taking responsibility for anything - and just resuming more bureaucracy - - at least the last lot listened and did things.

Not worth following up next week - they will still be chasing their Easter bunnies with bangers:grumpy:

So nothing new Chris :)

Chris_Robb

Visit site
So nothing new Chris :)
apart from this point
Answer: Only the owners present - the rest may be by Notarised copy of the passport. So worth having a set on board for all part owners. That at least will help some shared ownership boats.

​This might catch some people out.

Artic Warrior

Visit site

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Not sure where the problem lies , if PP are willing to stamp the old DEPKA and not insisting in sell you a new one , I can't see a problem , come next time you need it stamp , if anything said why you haven't got a new one , the answer has to be , if I needed a new one by (ex time last year ) then why wasn't I sold one by the PP instead of just having my old one Stamp .
The ball in now back in their court .
If they don't know their own law how are visiting yachtsmen women suppose to know it .
And as far as having it stamp monthly , I would even try and go there .

Last edited:

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
Not sure where the problem lies , if PP are willing to stamp the old DEPKA and not insisting in sell you a new one , I can't see a problem , come next time you need it stamp , if anything said why you haven't got a new one , the answer has to be , if I needed a new one by (ex time last year ) then why wasn't I sold one by the PP instead of just having my old one Stamp .
If they don't know their own law how are visiting yachtsmen women suppose to know it .

That's our thoughts too - our old DEKPA was stamped at the beginning of March by the PPs in Leros and we were told that it was good for another year, we will plead ignorance if we are approached before we leave Greece in a couple of months time.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I know its always a different story what ever PP are visited,,,, the least visits the better in my book.

I would have thought they would have some stock at Chalkis if you are heading that way. Where are you hauling out? The issue that both you and Vyv Cox has been asked about - thats important as there are provisions for fines. I do suspect that the only option for you if away for more than a year is to put your vessel "Out of Use" with Port Police. ie in Bond. - thats their usual solution to freeze the clock. Just remember that they want your ships papers, just give the bare minimum - your ssr and dekpa... not sure what they want in total. Its a straight forward process - they have been doing it for years. Of course Vyv cannot do that as he is not going out.

The Greeks of course ignore important issues like this and answer the simple questions to which we know the answers already.....

sailaboutvic

Visit site
That's our thoughts too - our old DEKPA was stamped at the beginning of March by the PPs in Leros and we were told that it was good for another year, we will plead ignorance if we are approached before we leave Greece in a couple of months time.

WHAT leaving Greece ? Surly not , reading your posting you seen to been here for ever.
We won't be far behind you once we sell the other boat .after a good 20 years around the Med time to move on I think .

keiththewash

Visit site

keiththewash

Visit site
Advice please. Have been in Greece for 6 years. My boat is 9 meters so did not need a Depka . Now have just found out that I now need one . Evidently I should have got one last year but did not realise. We are in Galatas opposite Poros . Should I just go to PP in Poros and just ask for the new one and say I just arrived from Italy or say I did not sail last year .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Advice please. Have been in Greece for 6 years. My boat is 9 meters so did not need a Depka . Now have just found out that I now need one . Evidently I should have got one last year but did not realise. We are in Galatas opposite Poros . Should I just go to PP in Poros and just ask for the new one and say I just arrived from Italy or say I did not sail last year .

Which ever way , you shouldnt have a problem , except they may ask you where the boat was kept last year .
I would go with you just entered Greece , it cost you an extra 15 Euros but may save you having to make up a story .