July levels

byron

RIP
Visit site
Well! Today we hit July levels here. I made a marker this morning and it seems roughly the same at about 3:45pm (15:45 for Tony)

rr_123

Visit site
I'd say we hit the July levels yesterday down here, and it's dropped a couple of inches since then.

Fast though, I must get some kind of log or gauge so that I can record the flow (anorak that I am)

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Well, I went down top the marina at Chertsey to check the boat this morning and I would say its well above the July levels......more like what we had in the winter of 2002/3(?)

I reckon its getting on for 4 feet above normal, and flowing quite swiftly under Chertsey bridge.

Perimeter paths around the marina are at leat 12-18" under water and bank attached finger pontoons are pointing up around 30degrees or so !

Couldnt get out into the river even if I was stupid enough to want to.

Doolittle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Couldnt get out into the river even if I was stupid enough to want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also be tempted but along Laleham Reach there would be all likelyhood of the smallest wake going into houses.

Its dropped 3" since Friday. Although the cesspit next door climbed out of its confines earlier in the week
vomit-smiley-020.gif

Chris_d

Visit site
Re: Not quite as high up here (piccies)

Looking at the mooring today, its a bit lower than July, the tree stump in front of the boat was submerged then:
IMG_1614.jpg

This is Culham Lock today:
IMG_1616.jpg

This was in July:
IMG_0252.jpg

byron

RIP
Visit site

Interesting ! obviously a marked difference up at Culham with levels considerably lower than July. This indicates to me that they are doing their best to stop the property flooding of 2007 by shunting it downstream a.s.a.p.

Chris_d

Visit site

Yes theres a lot of people next to the Ock in Abingdon still living in rented accommodation, and its just being held back by a few sandbags at the moment, last thing they need is another flood. Must be your turn this year /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site

Planned to go to the boat over the weekend and didn't bother. No pontoon access as the bridge has been lifted to get it out of the water. Judging from the photo it a good 3'6" above the normal level, maybe even 4'.