Jotun Antifoul with 9 month guarantee.

pvb

Visit site
Jotun say you can wait up to 9 months before launching after antifouling, so I guess that might be the "guarantee".

xyachtdave

Visit site
If the guarantee is against fouling for 9 months around here.....they'll be out of business in about 9 months time!

rotrax

Visit site
Is this with your boat is Gosport? Which area are you in please?

I always struggled with most antifoulings in Wicor at the top of the harbour. If Seaqueen is working I'll try it on the next boat instead of Micron.

Our boat is currently in a half tide berth with the Hayling Yacht Company. We winter her there. We have a berth above Wicor Marine, on the POG mid harbour pontoons, but we cruise most seasons so she is not there often.

Seaqueen 60 has worked very well for us on our previous boat and this one, two seasons with just a wash and anode check/change.

Trouble is getting it.

That is why I mentioned Kilmore Quay-the chandler there will sell it over the counter.

No Jotun dealer I have tried in the UK will supply to a non commercial customer.

rotrax

Visit site
https://www.yachtmailchandlery.com/jotun-antifouling-paint-yacht-coating-non-stop

£390 to antifoul our boat :nonchalance:

Think I’ll stick to the normal B&Q emulsion I use. Or so it would seem.

Correct. Jotuns leisure yacht product is significantly more expensive than its other antifouls.

It can be purchased over the counter in Ireland-both bits-IOM, and, I have been told, Holland.

In my experience, Seaqueen lasts two seasons quite easily. In our use, anyway-we covered just over 1500 NM's last season in the 6 months the boat was in use

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
I've learned today that Seaforce is the commercial replacement for Seaqueen. I believe that it's also available in different strengths as the Seaqueen was.

KAL

Visit site
Correct. Jotuns leisure yacht product is significantly more expensive than its other antifouls.

It can be purchased over the counter in Ireland-both bits-IOM, and, I have been told, Holland.

In my experience, Seaqueen lasts two seasons quite easily. In our use, anyway-we covered just over 1500 NM's last season in the 6 months the boat was in use
So why not here? Is it a law or a commercial decision? Seaforce 30 was the best Antifoul I ever used. It just worked...and brilliantly.

[3889]

Visit site
So why not here? Is it a law or a commercial decision? Seaforce 30 was the best Antifoul I ever used. It just worked...and brilliantly.
It's a commercial decision. If 6ou have a commercial coding certificate you can buy it. It has nothing to do with professional application.