Jersey to gosport crew needed

philwebb

Visit site
I need one, possibly two crew to sail with me from St Helier back to Gosport. Dates 24/25th April start, back to Gosport by Thursday night 28th to get back to London on Friday am. Boat is a Kelt 8 i.e. 8metres. We can stop at Guernsey/ Sark then Alderney then IOW and back to Gosport, depending on weather. (This is not a delivery trip.)

Last edited:

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
I need one, possibly two crew to sail with me from St Helier back to Gosport. Dates 24/25th April start, back to Gosport by Thursday night 28th to get back to London on Friday am. Boat is a Kelt 8 i.e. 8metres. We can stop at Guernsey/ Sark then Alderney then IOW and back to Gosport, depending on weather. (This is not a delivery trip.)

Hello Phil - Interesting post as I have just delivered an 8 metre yacht from Dartmouth to Brighton last week (1 - 4 April).

You state 24 April for London Friday 29 April. I have done a quick check of the tides/currents on 24/25 April [HW Dover: 0307/1534 and 0406/1634] and if you are hoping to leave at 0800 you will be pushing into very strong foul tide around Alderney which will be against you for a number of hours.

With a yacht that size, against the current, expect a SOG of 2 to 3 knots and a passage of 130nm, I cannot see you would have very much time to stop off at Guernsey/Sark then Alderney.

If the weather closes in, you will have to add an extra amount of days.

How are you expecting your prospective crew to arrive in St Helier?

What equipment is carried onboard or are you expecting to supply life-jackets, safety-lines and wet weather gear. Onboard food and drink needs to be addressed.

VHF radio (DSC) AIS, Radar Reflector? Inboard Engine or outboard? Does she carry enough spare fuel (2-stroke, diesel or straight petrol)? What are the condition of the sails? Heads ok? Do all the Nav-Lights work properly??

Perhaps you can answer all of the above? :)

ps: If it isn't a 'delivery trip', what is it?? :confused:

pps: I am in Haslar marina Gosport, where will you be berthing your 8-metre Kelt? :)